Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my bike is at 43K miles and I want to start preparing for it's funeral...at least the engine's that is. I've heard talk about the 09/12 engines bolting right up to the 07/08's. Can anyone verify this? What will I need? And how much can I expect to pay for this? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
13,665 Posts
So my bike is at 43K miles and I want to start preparing for it's funeral...at least the engine's that is. I've heard talk about the 09/12 engines bolting right up to the 07/08's. Can anyone verify this? What will I need? And how much can I expect to pay for this? Thanks in advance.
No idea if it's a straight bolt in... at the least it would require the whole intake manifold, all the electronics, etc.

Why would you think your bike is going to die, at 42K? What leads you to think it's possibly on it's way out?

·
Registered
134 Posts
The frames on the 07/08 and 09-12s look identical. I think the engines are at least the same physical dimensions. Engine mounting, I'm not too sure. I can't imagine it being a direct bolt on, but I'm sure it's possible. It's the packaging of the peripherals you'd need to worry about. Airbox, wiring harnesses, etc.

That being said, if you're paying someone to do the swap for you, you're probably better off getting an 09+. They aren't too terribly expensive. Actually, they're probably the least expensive 600s you can buy compared to the competition of the same years.

·
Registered
9,971 Posts

·
Registered
4,877 Posts
No idea if it's a straight bolt in... at the least it would require the whole intake manifold, all the electronics, etc.

Why would you think your bike is going to die, at 42K? What leads you to think it's possibly on it's way out?
I was wondering the same thing...Is it doing something that makes you think it's dying and if so, why haven't you done anything about it yet? If there's nothing that seems to be wrong with it, why do you think it has an expiration date?

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just want to be prepared rather then it go out and I'm out of luck...to me 43k miles seems like a lot...she's running perfectly fine though. Just did valve adjustment, new oil, new coolant, new tires, new chain and sprocket...but always better to be prepared.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I would NEVER pay anyone to do ANY work on my vehicles besides a machine shop of course.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts