Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

08' zx6r

839 views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  Chuckles 
#1 ·
What's going Family. Yesterday I purchased a 08' Zx6r here in Columbus, Oh. I look forward to enjoying the bike and all the insight I can gain from this forum. Put me on to anything I need to know. Thanks and Be EZ!

#11 ·
Well that's good, the most common thing I've found on the 07-08 years is a leaky valve cover gasket. You will notice small drips of oil on the left side lower fairing as well as oil on the exhaust side of the engine block if the leak is just starting. If you do eventually develop a leak in that area replace the cam sensor oring while its apart. After so many heat cycles the oring turns rock hard and just falls apart when you pull the sensor out. That was the source of the leak on my 07. After 10 years of heat and oil exposure buna-n seals tend to harden.

#7 ·
Welcome. Start your maintenance adventure by downloading the shop manual for that bike from this site. A sound bike will help you maintain a sound body.

Protect yourself from the environment...... in high heat it's easy to dehydrate, and sunburn.

If you think the chain is tight, it almost certainly is. Looser is better than tighter. Is this your first bike?

#9 ·
Congratulations on your purchase, and entry into one of the most exciting forms of transportation you can afford to get involved in. It's an addiction, in my case.:devilish

First things first, download the shop manual for your bike, from this site. Within it, or the owners manual, review the maintenance interval chart. Anything that is in there that you cannot prove has been done that is either mileage dependent, or has a maximum time interval...... do that work, now.

Show us pictures of your chain and sprockets, as well as tires, brake rotors, suspension..... we can tell alot about the bike from that, and provide you better advice on what to do to make it a better, safer machine.

What sort of gear are you riding in now, and what do you plan on doing with the bike?

What training have you had? Do you have any previous off road riding experience?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.