Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys and girls.

This is my first bike. I've been on YT watching videos on how to wheelie a superbike.
In what gear, and at how many RPM do you do a clutch up?
I haven't lifted the front wheel at all, and I don't want to wreck my bike, BUT, I do want to learn to pop a nice wheelie.

TIA

·
Registered
14,219 Posts
'Wreck bike', and 'wheelie' are in the same sentence for a reason. You can learn to wheelie on just about anything with two wheels, and there are far less expensive to repair options out there that suit the purpose. If you want to keep that one pretty, find something else to learn on.

Practically any dirt bike is made to be repaired after a crash with less monies, than a super sport. A Trials bike has insane capability for stunting.

·
Registered
2020 ZX6R
21 Posts
If you're that determined to learn on your bike but are scared to drop it then maybe look into getting a stunt cage, just some food for thought.

Just start slow in 1st or 2nd getting comfortable with popping your clutch to 4-5k until you get more and more comfortable with the wheel coming up. Lots of good videos on youtube breaking down how to clutch up.

Oh and COVER YOUR REAR BRAKE.

·
Registered
2021 Kawasaki ZX6R 636 KRT ABS
120 Posts
First bike, ZX6R, and wheelie practice, that is not going to end well.

·
Registered
644 Posts
My first 600 was not my first bike. It would power wheelie in 1st. I always approached it carefully but still managed to slam the front wheel back down, once almost lost the bike! When you are 58+ you dont heal like when you are younger. My CBR600RR would do beautiful power wheelies and of course more if you wanted but as other have said - it usually ends badly. In my experience if just accelerating up thru 1st the front wheel comes up somewhat predictably and gradually - on a flat road. Over humps and stuff well that's different. My ZX6R was even better at lifting the front wheel but I always kept the traction control on for a reason. IMO fits you have to have a feel for the bike and understand what it is doing and about to do. Otherwise you will just be reacting and at first reacting too slowly - which ends in a great youTube video material. I've never master the art of clutch-up wheelies. There are folks who buy a 600 as their first bike and go out and do perfect wheelies with it without crashing. For every one of them there are hundreds who aren't successful.

My suggestions 1. Dont 2. get a stunt bike 3. get a camera person to record your failed attempts and post them on YouTube

I'm not telling you no you can't wheelie your bike, just be cautions and use common sense and realize that there are lots of bad things than can happen.

·
Registered
2021 Kawasaki ZX6R 636 KRT ABS
120 Posts
Speaking of Youtube:

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hey guys and girls.

This is my first bike. I've been on YT watching videos on how to wheelie a superbike.
In what gear, and at how many RPM do you do a clutch up?
I haven't lifted the front wheel at all, and I don't want to wreck my bike, BUT, I do want to learn to pop a nice wheelie.

TIA View attachment 108339
It is alot easier to lift the front wheel going up an inclined road. Try that first.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts