Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2007 ZX-6R
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night I may have made a mistake and gave my bike a pretty good wash after riding it for awhile. Before I got it wet I let it sit for about ten minutes and hit it with a low pressure rinse to start then with a high pressure soap. Everything was fine until about a mile down the road I queezed the clutch and it died on me, I made it home by just keeping it in gear and on the throttle the whole time basically. Now it will start up and warm up to around 135⁰ - 140⁰ and the rpms drop and it dies. Any ideas what I could have messed up?

The bike has 11k miles and had an oil and filter change at 10k

·
Registered
12 Posts
If your in no hurry for the Bike I'd let it sit for a couple of days to dry out completely, Meanwhile have a good look around to see if you've blown a Vac hose off somewhere with the pressure washer, Might be an idea to remove the side panels at this point to get a better look.
It would be nice if it's warm where you are located or a heated garage...

·
Registered
13,653 Posts
Side stand switch, clutch switch..... wet. WD-40 may force the water out, a leaf blower or hair dryer is quicker.

·
Registered
13,653 Posts
Where can I locate all of that?

You should be able to see the wires going into the housing for each. There will be a tiny plunger that will move in and out each. If it gets stck, or is shorted out because it is flooded with water.... That will kick in the safeties to prevent you from operating the bike.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts