Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I know this has been posted before I have a question to the people who have purchased the zzr kickstand for their 07-08 zx6r. Im gonna get mine off ronayers.com my question is DOES the kickstand com with the spring and the connector or whatever or do you need to swap them from your original stand to the shorter zzr? OI just assumed they wouldn't fit because the stand is shorter.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I got mine used so I'm not sure what they come with new. The sensor and spring will transfer over as my used zzr stand came with an identical spring and I transferred my stock switch over.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sweet so I guess I don't need to order anything else then. I was worried the new stand would be to short and the switch would always think the kickstand is down and not start.

·
Registered
101 Posts
The mechanism is identical. I actually thought they sent a 07-08 6r kickstand when I put it next to mine. I had to take a double take to see the length difference. It does have a much better lean now.

·
Registered
17,962 Posts
Ok I know this has been posted before I have a question to the people who have purchased the zzr kickstand for their 07-08 zx6r. Im gonna get mine off ronayers.com my question is DOES the kickstand com with the spring and the connector or whatever or do you need to swap them from your original stand to the shorter zzr? OI just assumed they wouldn't fit because the stand is shorter.
Hmmm... 2 years ago I actually swapped out my ZZR for one off an 07/08 ZX6R.
But I can't remember if we swapped out springs...???
(my bike sets higher than it did stock, so the taller stand was needed)

·
Registered
101 Posts
I believe 05-08 ZZR600 and 99-02 ZX6R have the shorter stand itsmy04wrx.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Well, im interested in a lower stand now as well... For no reason, just cause.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts