Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got an 07 zx6r and i just replaced the gasket valve cover for the front because it was leaking oil, now that it's fixed the rear end of my bike is leaking oil now too. not sure exactly where it's coming from but it's definitely leaking more than the front end was. does anyone know why this is? not sure if it's worth my time and money to keep fixing this bike or if i should just sell it instead.

·
Registered
9,525 Posts
Did you seal the new valve cover gasket to the valve cover prior to install (makes it worlds easier) and then also seal up the end plugs (half round shape on the end of head and valve cover)

You may not have gotten the valve cover to stay in the groove or twisted it or or or..........

Is it still leaking up at the valve cover, just at the intake side now or do you have some totally different leak as well?????

·
Registered
16,706 Posts
It’s almost certainly the same problem presented in a different way, due to the attempted maintenance. Shouldn’t take any more money to open it back up, clean everything and redo the work.

Solve one problem at a time. Adding more changes will just confuse things that much more.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts