Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I would really appreciate if I could get some help on this issue. Just picked up my first bike about 2 months ago my 07 zx6r. Had 2900 miles on it and was bone stock. Ever since I had it sometimes at idle it would be choppy. It never stalled or shuts off and runs totally fine and pulls hard it's ONLY at idle. I now have 3900 miles and have the D&D slip on and fender eliminator that's it, still has a choppy idle otherwise totally fine. It basiclly sounds like it has a heavy cam in it, like a heavy loping idle. If I give it gas at idle to like 1600rpm it seems fine but why should it need to idle that high? I swear I read something online before that some of the 07 were send off the show room floor with an incorrect idle speed and the ECM needs to be reprogrammed but I can't find that again. Anyway if anyone ran into this I would really appreciate it. Again it did this even when it was totally 100% stock, I also have no FI light and I did install a servo buddy when I put my exhaust on. I can't imagine it's something major since it was doing it with 2900 miles but who knows. Thanks.

·
Registered
4,877 Posts
What is it currently idling at? You said you give it gas to get it to idle at 1600, so what is it at normally? I have mine set to idle at about 1500 - I think specs say 1300-1400, but I could be wrong about that. If yours is lower than that, it could be just that - idle too low :O

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
yeah my idle's set about 1500~1600... lower idle's choppy for me too, at least until it warms up

·
Registered
333 Posts
Just a thought as well but with it being 7 years old and not even broken in yet maybe there could be some fuel/oil deposits in some internals due to lack of use, ya know like when running old fuel can gum up lines and injectors and foul plugs. Worth a look. A good cleaning and some conditioners couldn't hurt.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts