Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does this look like stock height? I hate the way the bike feels just sitting on it. Guess I could get better pics.
Message_1589658997424.jpg
20200513_145540_HDR.jpg

·
Registered
14 Posts
Or looks like you have bit of clearance at the top of the tree. You could just raise the fork a bit and put the clip ons at the top.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Pics look lower from stock. I could be wrong but the stock clipons butted right up to the base of the top tree. Still though I didn't like the feel of my '08 so I replaced with HeliBars. They aren't risers but opened the grip up and brought the angle up so they aren't so hard on my wrists.
helibars.jpg
helibars1.jpg

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mine wont go any higher, there is a mounting bolt under the top tree and the handlebar thingy. Ill get a pic soon.

·
Registered
26 Posts
yep thats right. Mine also bolted to the trees, I just thought they were tight up against each other. That may be all you get out of the stock setup. I originally got the woodcraft risers set and while they felt good, would hit the plastic way before lockout turning in either direction. I'm 6'2" 220lbs and the helibars fixed everything for me....I will try to dig up the pics of my bike before I started the build so I can compare to the ones you put up..

·
Registered
46 Posts
Yeah, you're SOL because of that bolt hole on the OEM clip-ons. I guess you could grind that off and they'd slide up. I just went with the woodcraft 1.5" risers on my 08, love em.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Saw someone at kawi dealership today with triple tree top flipped upside down and clip ons on top of the tree top. pretty ugly but it works i guess if you dont mind the bars angling upwards.

·
Registered
32 Posts
On my 13 model, i dropped the forks flush (should be 7mm space)..... use it for mostly for straight line road riding so make no difference to handling.

Also, moved them outwards so they are more straight opposed to a v shape ( when looking down)...there is bolt to line them up but take this out...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts