Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just bought a new integrated taillight for my bike bc the previous one I had on the brake light was flickering on/off and was not flashing when I pressed the brake. So I thought it was a light issue. Bought another and hooked it up and the same problem is reoccurring. The turn signals work but the actual brake light is not even turning on. I respliced the wires and it does not seem to be helping. The previous owner has rewired the brake light and the ground however I've hooked it up and like I said the turn signals work but the actual
Brake light is not coming on and even when I press the brakes it still does not light up. Any help will be much appreciated Thanks!!

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
I'm having the same issue with my 06. It was working fine when I bought it, but I threw it on last night and nothing. Lights up and signals work, but no go when I hit the brakes. Perhaps someone will come along and provide some answers.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I hope so too. I've done some continuity tests one the wires and there is one that connects near the rear brake that does not sound when I touch it. Also the one on the rear brake line where the compartment near the battery is not sounding off either but the positive and negative wires on the connection are. It is really frustrating and I checked the 30A fuse where the starter is located and it's fine. I was following the instructions on the service manual but still not finding the problem!!

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
I sure hope there's something we're missing. I've gone ahead and put that behind me for now. Today is all about learning to bondo this dented tank :).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts