Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, has anyone here put sliders on their 07 6er?? I keep reading differing opinions on certain types of sliders and am wondering how much of a pain in the butt it is to put on the regular type as opposed to the "no-cut".

So far I'm leaning towards Shogun, but not sure if I should go with the no-cut or man up and do the regulars.

Thanks!

·
Registered
86 Posts
i just installed the shogun no cut on my 07. i'd prefer to not cut my fairings at all. word to the wise, go to sears and buy your self a bolt extractor kit ;)
you will thank me later...

the left bolt is not that bad to get out. a good breaker bar and you should be able to crack it. but the right side, and i don't care who you are, will give you more trouble then you where ever prepaired to deal with. The bolt extractor will pop it out no problem though. get the kit that goes on the OUTSIDE of the bolt head, not the one you drill and hammer into the center. you want the one that hammers ONTO the head of the bolt.

·
Squid Forever , Yes it's a conspiracy
2,271 Posts
i just installed the shogun no cut on my 07. i'd prefer to not cut my fairings at all. word to the wise, go to sears and buy your self a bolt extractor kit ;)
you will thank me later...

the left bolt is not that bad to get out. a good breaker bar and you should be able to crack it. but the right side, and i don't care who you are, will give you more trouble then you where ever prepaired to deal with. The bolt extractor will pop it out no problem though. get the kit that goes on the OUTSIDE of the bolt head, not the one you drill and hammer into the center. you want the one that hammers ONTO the head of the bolt.
thanks for that advice

·
Registered
86 Posts
no problem. there are SEVERAL posts on this subject on other forums. for some reason Kawi found it neccassary to use a crappy aluminum hex head bolt and gob as much thread lock onto it as they could fit in the hole. that and with the castle nut on that side i think equal for one of the most headache creating installs on a motorcycle, lol

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the responses guys, looks like ill probably go with the Shogun no-cuts. Why do lots of people say negative things about the no-cuts? Are they weaker in terms of protection?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts