Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Being a real man and weighing more than the 150 pounds that the suspension on my bike is set up for from factory, I am taking my 6r to these guys in a few hours http://www.mhracing.com/

I am 6`2 and weigh around 210-220 pounds (15 stones for us brits) and the rear of the bike feels far too low, it just doesn’t feel right and has been bugging me for a while.

For £40 they will tailor my bikes suspension to me and my riding style, which seems like a bargain. I have zero technical knowledge and just use the bash it with the biggest hammer I can find approach so adjusting it myself was not an option.

Will report back later on how I get on…..

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Back now with my wallet 40 quid lighter……

Mr suspension man said the front was way too hard and the rear wasn’t too far out but this would unbalance the bike. Lots of suspension talk that I didn’t understand followed together with much tinkering and measuring and it was all done, took around 40 minutes.

Took it for a blast and it feels like a different bike. The front is much quicker to turn into corners and the back follows the front line making things very smooth. Bumps and cracks in the road are now much easier on the old wrists. The bike now generally gives me a lot more confidence, well happy.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts