Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some dude over on kawiforums posted this. It is claimed to be from a show in LA . The torque is down from the '05. No biggie it gives up 37cc but the dry weight is 368 lbs.('05 was 362 lbs) That sucks b/c the new cbr 600rr is 345, R6 is 357lbs, and GSXR-600 is 354 lbs. Not that this will deter me from getting an 07 zx6r. Besides it's not like a newer rider like myself will notice 15 or 20 lbs. I just thought it was supposed to be lighter than the previous one.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
i will wait to the offical numbers before i swallow what the LA numbers say. I think it will be a great bike overall and the weight is in the exhast, so once you drop that stock exhast u will lose at least 10 pounds. But thats just a my 2 cents

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Cool stuff:thumbup

I wouldn't get too worked up over dry weight claims, perhps kawi just lies a little less than the others:) Wait till folks have them on scales then compare. MCN actually weighs their test bikes and takes no advertising $$ from any bike manufactures and thus is probably one of the better sources of weight data. Their old spec lists are in the file valt:thumbup

1 - 8 of 8 Posts