Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend of mine just purchased a 2007 Zx6R and I'm having difficulty figuring out exactly what the issue is with the machine. I took it for a test ride, and I noticed that when I reach about half throttle the power seems to just fall away. It almost feels like there is some sort of crude rev limiter. At first we thought it was only happening at 6-8k rpm, but then I noticed that it doesn't matter what rpm you're at because the problem will occur the moment you get to approx half throttle.

I have checked for kinks in fuel lines etc.

Has anyone dealt with this issue before? Am I dealing with a fuel pump issue? or is this something else?

·
Registered
4,922 Posts
It's engine size is 599.. Not 636..

Bad fuel? Fouled plugs? Clogged filter? I'd check the easy things first to rule that stuff out.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you. Yes you're right about the displacement. I own a couple CBRs.. My friend just dropped the 07 zx6r off with me the other day. How do I check the dealer codes on the 07?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'll drain the tank and replace the fuel tomorrow. Then I'll check the plugs, and take a look at the filter... Thank you for responding.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts