Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, it looks like on my 08 zx6r the Two Bros undertail exhaust is melting the plastic of the tail section. I am referring to the actual plastic base in the tail where the ECU sits.

The only options I see right now are to repair the plastic, and put some sort of heat shield there. I might also have to mount the pipe using spacers or washers to try and push the pipe away from riding so close to the tail.

Is this a common problem, how are you guys fixing this? Do you guys have a supplier of automotive/powersports heat shield material?
Just looking for some tips. I really don't want to melt my ECU. Right now I think I have caught it just in time..

Any tips are appreciated,
Thanks!

·
Registered
462 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, replace it with a real exhaust before you melt all of it. Good ol' Two Brothers:

In all seriousness, wrapping the exhaust is a good start and lining the tail with a heat shield material would be ideal. I like this stuff: Volcanic Rock Heat Shield | Heatshield Products
Thank you so much man! This is exactly what I was looking for.
Wow, I am glad my bike did not end up like that.. As long as I can manage the heat I don't think I will have any problems.

Thanks again for the info, I'll read through that thread as well.

-Chris

·
Registered
269 Posts
my yoshi came with some nice adhesive heat foil that i stuck underneath :)
i've always thought two brothers are ugly, sound crap, and cheap.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts