Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I'm sure I'm gonna get some hate for this. I have an 07 zx6r. Slip on exhaust. I know what the jumper mod is and how to do it ect. My question is am I really going to notice a difference in power when riding? Like am I actually going to feel a gain in power? I'm a little hesitant to jam a metal wire into my connector I'm actually just thinning of cutting and soldering the 2 wires if this is legit. So my question is to the people who have done this is it worth it? Some places I read said it has something to do with the exhaust valve but I eliminated that with my slip on so idk how's that's going to help me and some said it has to do with the timing in euro spec for emission purposes.

·
Administrator
13,338 Posts
Ok I'm sure I'm gonna get some hate for this. I have an 07 zx6r. Slip on exhaust. I know what the jumper mod is and how to do it ect. My question is am I really going to notice a difference in power when riding? Like am I actually going to feel a gain in power? I'm a little hesitant to jam a metal wire into my connector I'm actually just thinning of cutting and soldering the 2 wires if this is legit. So my question is to the people who have done this is it worth it? Some places I read said it has something to do with the exhaust valve but I eliminated that with my slip on so idk how's that's going to help me and some said it has to do with the timing in euro spec for emission purposes.
I did it on my 05.
Party line is it adds after burners from 10k to red line.
A dyno would tell a difference. Theoretically it adds something like 3-5 hp.
I don't know that I could tell in a blind test.
I keep saying I'm going to run a switch and see if I can tell... I have not yet.
Honestly though, I wouldn't solder it. Leave the stock wiring in place that way you can reverse it if/when needed/wanted.

What convinced me:
http://www.superstreetbike.com/how-to/kawasaki-zx-6r-jumper-mod-mythbusters

Ey3

·
Registered
3,222 Posts
It has nothing to do with the exhaust valve, it remaps ECU. Do it and don't doubt it, dyno results prove a 10hp or so gain.

·
Registered
441 Posts
I felt the difference lol.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts