Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any feed back on the 07/08 Corbin seat? I can't stand the stock seat anymore and the corbin seat seemed pretty good. My only thing I'm a bit concerned about is I'm 5'10". I can get both feet flat on the ground when at a stand but sometimes when I need to back up a little is when I neeed to get on my toes. I'm wondering how much higher I sit up with the Corbin seat. Any other seat options for the 07/08? Thanks

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
I would look into boglen redoing your stock seat. His seats look awesome and I'm sure he can Taylor the seat to whatever you want it hight wise.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How do you like the seat is it nice? Also I know you can get thr seat different colors for the side panels,trim panels, and seat panels but Corbin doesn't list what part of the seat is what panel and I've tried contacting them twice and no response. Do you know which is which

·
Registered
362 Posts
How do you like the seat is it nice? Also I know you can get thr seat different colors for the side panels,trim panels, and seat panels but Corbin doesn't list what part of the seat is what panel and I've tried contacting them twice and no response. Do you know which is which
You can get it in all sorts of colors. I think the Trim panel in the one in the center and the seating panals are the two your ass sits on, and the side trim is obvious. It confused the hell out of me too. I got navy blue on the sides and trim and it's darker then the candy plasma blue on my bike. And bomber jacket black or the seating. It's firmer then the stock seat by far. But it stops my ass from compressing all the stock foam and basically sitting on the hard plastic base.

·
Registered
169 Posts
How much would that second one run me? I'll be picking up that exact jacket soon and itd be badass, does it stand up against rain? im in MI and shit happens often

·
Registered
294 Posts
Yea that jacket is awesome, always get compliments from chics diggin the jacket. That seat holds up pretty well in the rain, alcantara is a breathable material . I have one on my mountain bike and it gets soaked all the time! If it gets wet just leave it in the sun and it will all evaporate out, if you want to scotch gaurd it you can do that as well, the water will just bead up on it. That seat will run you 225 + ship (15). Let me know if you want it, I can ship that one out and make another one for myself. I haven't ridin on it once. ( I have tons of seats) this is the seat I rock these days. Got an ostrich leg down the middle :)

Attachments

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hey really interested in a seat I PM you with my email you mind shooting me an email and some pics for seats? Really not to picky just something that goes with the bike but thr biggest thing is I don't want a sore ass anymore!

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
old threade i know, but I'm looking for a new seat now, especially after seeing some of @Boglen81 's work and @sleepnsix 's work, and wasnt sure if you guys are still into the business or not. I have the 07 zx6r (silver with the maroon wheels/forks) i'd like one for.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts