Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this is probably a stupid question, but my reserve tank light has always gone on around 110-120 miles on the trip, but since I installed a new slip-on exhaust (about a month ago) I haven't seen it come on at all. I currently have 130 on the trip, and very little fuel in the tank, and I'm just paranoid to run out of gas in the middle of the high way :) I'm assuming that the tank has the two 'straws' in it and once the fuel level reaches the second, the light turns on, but I'm just wondering!

Thanks,

Kourtney

·
Registered
11,637 Posts
hello.. I doubt that it would.. Did you change anything else and check fuses?

·
Registered
680 Posts
With the slip on, you should making more power, so in the same scenerio needing less throttle to get the same power outta the engine, thus use less gas and get better mpg.

Example: it took say 60hp to due 45mph, before you made the power @ say 7k rpm, and now you make that same power @ 6kr rpm, the engine is working less to make the same power, thus using less throttle and less gas

With a proper tune you could maximize the correct air/fuel ratio and get more power, cleaning burn, better mpg.

Power mods can have this effect, or they can do the opposite, cause the ecu to dump too much fuel (running rich) and cause worse mpg.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts