Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello new to the forum. I'm in the process to replace the forks oil rings and I noticed one of the forks have this type of damage

Do you guys think this is enough damage to compromise the hold fork?

·
Registered
126 Posts
Yup as Otto says, that is not good, needs replacing.

Sent from my ELE-L29 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok I order a replacement outshell tube

Another question does any know if this can be fix? There is a little discoloration

·
Registered
390 Posts
Ok I order a replacement outshell tube

Another question does any know if this can be fix? There is a little discoloration
View attachment 105564
View attachment 105565
Looks like that could be from someone servicing the fork. Most of the time, people will use a small propane torch to heat up the area around the fork seal to make it come out easier. I’m sure it would polish out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I got these forks for a project I'm working on it, there was supposed to just need a oil seal replacement but after taking them a part I notice the left side cylinder is bent

Now the a have a few questions

• does is work to get a new cylinder? $300 at partzilla
  • does anyone know if this are from a 05-06 zx636 or an 06 zx6rr? I got a 05-06 fork from a zx6r but the cylinder is a little shorter and wider that what is inside
Picture is the right side (top)

·
Registered
7,570 Posts
Does anyone know what color paint is this?

View attachment 105658
Kawiugly???

on a more serious note......... why pay $300 for an oem new cartridge? aren't there a shit ton of complete sets of forks for that kind of money, then you have a spare one?????????
or just move up to aftermarket cartridges for triple the money and have the most awesome front suspension you could imagine

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Kawiugly???

on a more serious note......... why pay $300 for an oem new cartridge? aren't there a shit ton of complete sets of forks for that kind of money, then you have a spare one?????????
or just move up to aftermarket cartridges for triple the money and have the most awesome front suspension you could imagine
I know, I got a used set with nice cartridge from ebay. I will rebuild the the set with DLC color tube.

I'm acking the question due that I will be cutting the bracket where the front fender goes and I will like to match the hole piece once I'm done

1 - 11 of 11 Posts