Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok i'm at a loss on where to buy a fan switch/water temp sensor I can find them on ebay and other sites but not for the 05/06 . Can someone let me know what other years have the same sensor .

·
Registered
257 Posts
Do you know if your relay is bad or is it your temperature sensor?

Does the fan not come on at the right temp/not at all?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok I believe I found the part number but correct me if I'm wrong 21176-1120 that's the fan/water temp switch correct ?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
213-215 is use to come on at now not to almost 230 f and it starts to overheat sometimes flashing on hi I checked the water pump impellars are intact so I changed the thermostat but need a new gasket FML lol the next I can only think of is the fan switch/water temp switch in the head

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
It sounds like your temp switch/sensor. Mine kicks on at about 210ish and cuts off about 207. Running at or above 230 could lead to problems. Check partzilla or Kawasaki Parts House (outragous shipping though).

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It sounds like your temp switch/sensor. Mine kicks on at about 210ish and cuts off about 207. Running at or above 230 could lead to problems. Check partzilla or Kawasaki Parts House (outragous shipping though).
I had ordered one off of eBay today so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it's my problem and yeah I won't run it past 225 if I can help it but I am dying to ride this sucks .

·
Registered
441 Posts
Yeah somethings not right. My fan kicks on at 214.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts