Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi,

Not sure if this is the right place to post something like this, kinda new to this forum site but anyways...
I purchase a 06 Ninja 636 and the dude had the Accossato master cylinder front brake lever installed. The brakes work amazing, but the problem I have is with the brake light not glowing brighter when the brakes are applied. There seems to be a connector hanging right beside the right handlebar which i'm guessing is the connector for the brake light, but there is no where to plug it in. Does anyone know what can be done? Or if this is even the right connector?

I can post pictures of it if necessary, and yes the brake light wire/actual light does work because when i depress the rear brake it lights up...

Attachments

·
Sr. Penis Inspector
11,718 Posts
Post pics. It may be missing the drop-bar that hits the switch.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hope that helps... the connector i mentioned earlier is the one seen in the third picture...

·
Registered
2,566 Posts
It's probably an MC made for racing, which I'm pretty sure I recall it being, therefore it doesn't have a place for that brake light switch to hook up to, therefore rendering it basically useless for the street. Unless every time you grab the front brakes, you also use the rear, which I wouldn't really do if I was riding hard

·
Registered
2,566 Posts
Take off the race MC...sell it and get a OEM one for 30 bucks off ebay
....and get it rebuilt and you'll still probably be in the plus column

·
Super Moderator
12,504 Posts
I have a brembo mc with no switch. In my state a switch is only required for one of the brakes. I usually tap the rear as I'm slowing on the street, prolly not the right way but as soon as I find a banjo bolt switch that works for the brembo mc ill switch it out.

Ey3

·
Sr. Penis Inspector
11,718 Posts
Sounds sketchy. Plenty of stopping power with a stock Nisin master (or a rebuild on 05/06 lol). Plus you get a brake light so people don't smash your backside.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts