Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
new to forum, help. installed two bros exhaust today, may have stripped or jumped teeth while loosening bolt on top of fuel injection under seat. it sticks now when i turn on key and does not turn, even as gas is given. does not eneciate. can it be run w/ light fix mod on or do i need to replace the fuel thing under seat, thanks

·
Registered
44 Posts
I did that to mate, fitting my Arrow race can. The bike will be fine to ride with the warning light on.
I stripped the controler box down and turned the gear round and swapped the connectors round then built it back up and I still get the warning light coming on.
Does anyone on here know if there is a plug that can be used instead of the control box as there is no need for it if you fit an aftermarket can?

·
Registered
46 Posts
you have a couple of options
1/ Snip the wire going to the light- no more annoying light but you may not detect a future problem.
2/ Buy a new servo motor and fit a limiting plate to the top of the servo - plenty on ebay!
I would just snip the wire and forget about it. check how 2 forum

·
Registered
44 Posts
you have a couple of options
1/ Snip the wire going to the light- no more annoying light but you may not detect a future problem.
2/ Buy a new servo motor and fit a limiting plate to the top of the servo - plenty on ebay!
Do you have a web link for the servo limiting plates mate?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Make one yourself just stops the servo motoring all the way round by catching on the plastic next to the servo. I will take a pic of mine next time i have the seat off

·
Registered
44 Posts
Make one yourself just stops the servo motoring all the way round by catching on the plastic next to the servo. I will take a pic of mine next time i have the seat off
That would be cool if you'd do that for me mate. I can live with the light coming on, but would rather it wasnt.
Cheers.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Doesn't the FI light come on no matter what after you get an aftermarket exhaust?
No. Most aftermarket exhausts come with some sort of stopper for the exhaust valve cables. I've go an Arrow exhaust, it came with 2 sleeves to go over the ends of the exhaust valve wires which is suppost to stop the FI light coming on. The light still comes on somtimes though.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts

The light doesn't just do the ehaust valve. What happens when you've got a TPS or temperature sensor, or any other sensor fault? You have no indication that there is somethng up with the FI system? :confused

1 - 9 of 9 Posts