Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I understand this site is primarily US users, which I am extremely jealous of seeing as I cannot buy anything without importing it.

I have been looking at Yoshi, Akrapovic and Two Brothers for my ZX6R 06 model, just wondered if anyone had any experience using one of these?

·
Registered
3,502 Posts
No experience but every akro I have ever heard sounds amazing! That would be my choice.

M

·
0 Posts
I have a 2014 636, and I bought the M4GP Slip for $285 shipped. I haven't put it on yet but it seems the M4GP and 636 goes hand in hand,

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
I have a yoshi on my 636 and I do like it. It's loud enough for people to hear you, but not obnoxious. Although it does scream high up in the rpms. I'd like to chop mine a few inches, not to make it louder, but so it doesn't stick out so far and is more flush with the rear. The akra does sound pretty good as well, and is already more aesthetically pleasing. Just my .02

·
Registered
2,566 Posts
1) If you like the sound of your bike on fire, Two Bros is perfect

2) Muilisx, I don't think you realize there are other years of the 636 that aren't like yours. So unless he plan's on dumbly modding his to get rid of the undertail exhaust, the m4 isn't gonna work.

3) I have the carbon Yoshi on my 05 and I love the sound. I'm going to be cutting off a few inches to make it shorter and give it a deeper sound to it. Akra makes a phenomenal quality pipe, just a little quiet for some people's taste.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
I have a 2014 636, and I bought the M4GP Slip for $285 shipped. I haven't put it on yet but it seems the M4GP and 636 goes hand in hand,
My m4 was repacked with full race headers. It is stupid loud!

·
Registered
257 Posts
Yoshimura for me lets me hear the bike, and not alert every cop in the county that I am going fast.

It also sounds clean, without any gurrgly raspy nastiness that some enjoy but to me just sounds like they are running straight pipes.

·
Registered
75 Posts
It has been shortened slightly too i think. As i've ssen others that are a bit longer out the back.
And i made my own tail tidy to suite, as the evotech one was way to big.

·
Registered
441 Posts
I've got the Yoshi RS-5 on mine. Its quiet down low, but really screams up high. It can get a little droney on the highway though lol.

·
Registered
4,877 Posts
I've got an Akra and had a Yoshi on a previous bike. I like the Akra WAY better than I ever liked the Yoshi for tone. As for the 2Bros, I like the sound of most of them (not sure I've ever heard the 05/06 with one), but I hate the look of it on the 05/06 so I wouldn't get it just for that.

No matter what you do, make sure the heat shield and wrap properly so you don't end up burning up your ECU...I don't know anyone who has done this personally, but I've heard that it happens, so don't take that chance.

·
Registered
257 Posts
When searching for exhaust videos on youtube, I am frustrated by how few people know how to make a useful exhaust showcase video

Step 1: leave your suburban neighborhood and find a road with room
Step 2: set the camera down or leave someone to film you
Step 3: Accelerate AWAY from the camera

Fly by vids suck for the most part because people always let off as they reach the camera.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts