Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys kinda new with the Kawasaki thing, during acceleration the bike stop at 8000 to 9000 rpms almost like a a rev limiter. It will then sputter a little and bog down then out of no where get up and go, or it won't get up and go at all. The bike has 5700 miles on it any ideas???

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi. My bike 2005 zx6r636 is doing the same. It looks like it enters in safe mode, when it was suppossed to get the boost from Ram Air it just wont accelerate, if I continue to pull the throttle same times it just boost again.
Any suggestion to start looking?
Tks.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Dying fuel pump maybe? Can you rev higher when idling?

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Oh, if it starts happening once you've been riding a while then it could very well be your ecu is toast. It's a known problem that aftermarket exhausts don't have enough insukation and can cook the ecu that's under the seat. Have you got an aftermarket exhaust on it?

Is the temperature still quite warm in Portugal at this time of year?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Oh, if it starts happening once you've been riding a while then it could very well be your ecu is toast. It's a known problem that aftermarket exhausts don't have enough insukation and can cook the ecu that's under the seat. Have you got an aftermarket exhaust on it?

Is the temperature still quite warm in Portugal at this time of year?
I still have my stock muffler, however, I took out the inside of it and also the catalytic converter. The temperature is cold when it happens was 18 celsius.
Both times happen with the same fuel tank, This week Ill try to open it in my garage. Ill keep you posted, tanks for your tips.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi again, I already open the bike, here are the things I saw:
Air filter - a litlle bit dirty;
ECU- no signs of overheat, all connections seems to be fine;
Air cleaner housing - with no oil or water
Injectors connections - on the secondary fuel connections the outside protecion of the cable was a litlle torn, I have to check if the cable has good conductivity.
Vacuum hoses - all seems to be fine with no holes.
Spark Plugs - I took them out, the colour was normal, grey with small deposits, however they have more then 3 years and 12.000km´s, I´ll change them.
Tomorrow I´ll check sensors, sticky coils and Injectors.

·
Registered
4,683 Posts
DANI and Edlife, I'm not an expert at all, but it sounds like a fuel/air mixture issue of some sort to me. I would guess that it has to come down to either fuel delivery or air delivery...but again, that's just a guess from a non-expert :O

Mine sort of does the same thing. I think they may have some sort of rev limiter on it
...nope. This wouldn't even fit with what the two other people are describing...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Tks Nitrus.

I didnt find any fault in the cables or sensors. It really may be some problem with fuel delivery.
Does anyone knows if inside the fuel pump there´s some sort of filter? Because outside of it I cant find anything.

·
Banned
7,068 Posts
Tks Nitrus.

I didnt find any fault in the cables or sensors. It really may be some problem with fuel delivery.
Does anyone knows if inside the fuel pump there´s some sort of filter? Because outside of it I cant find anything.
It is a little pad thing in the fuel pump. Iirc there is a whole section on the fuel pump in the FSM (check the service manuals section. ET was kind enough to provide some)

Ey3

·
Registered
15 Posts
I was trying to avoid opening the tank, but I guess I wont have a choice, it looks like if that pad is with dirty the fuel flow will be lower... Next weekend I´ll open the fuel pump.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi´ve open the fuel tank and already clean it. It didnt have much dirt. I want to open the pump to reach that pad that EY3l45h talk, but I dont know how...can anyone explain me?
Tks.

·
Registered
3,107 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Today I tested the bike. I ride it for about an 1hour, and it didnt done any acceleration issue. In fact I felt the bike more faster, it´s like good as new.

I think the probem was in the fuel filter.

Thanks for your tips.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts