otherwise stock

Does anyone have one? or know of one?
the Dynojet website doesn't have any for a yoshi Slip on

Cheers,

Dane

·
Registered
177 Posts
I dont have a MAP for you but i didn't even worry about getting my bike remapped, no pc or anything. The slip on doesn't really add too much to the bike power wise. But im sure someone has the map around here

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I dont have a MAP for you but i didn't even worry about getting my bike remapped, no pc or anything. The slip on doesn't really add too much to the bike power wise. But im sure someone has the map around here
Yeah i've heard it doesn't really need one but ill be doing a bit of work to it in the future anyway.

Yeah if anyone has a map.... that would be awesome!!!

·
Registered
350 Posts
So im still looking for a map for my bike as follows:

2005-06 zx636
H&N Air filter
Yoshimura RS-5 slip on
otherwise stock

Does anyone have one? or know of one?
the Dynojet website doesn't have any for a yoshi Slip on

Cheers,

Dane
so im confused. do you have a powercommander or are you asking about remapping the stock ECU? if you have a powercommander, then dynojet has maps on their website. do you have the powercommander program as well? because you will need that to send the map to the powercommander. i have the same bike (2005 636) with the same mods (K&N filter, yoshi rs-5 slip on, and powercommander) and i had no trouble finding a decent map. i might eventually get it dyno tuned and get a custom map, but that crap is expensive!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so im confused. do you have a powercommander or are you asking about remapping the stock ECU? if you have a powercommander, then dynojet has maps on their website. do you have the powercommander program as well? because you will need that to send the map to the powercommander. i have the same bike (2005 636) with the same mods (K&N filter, yoshi rs-5 slip on, and powercommander) and i had no trouble finding a decent map. i might eventually get it dyno tuned and get a custom map, but that crap is expensive!
Yeah i have PC. There arent any Maps for a Yoshimura RS-5, could you send me yours? i will be installing tonight haha

PM me PLEASE!!!!!!

·
Registered
350 Posts
Yeah i have PC. There arent any Maps for a Yoshimura RS-5, could you send me yours? i will be installing tonight haha

PM me PLEASE!!!!!!
Kawasaki ZX-6 R 218: Powercommander Downloads, Maps, Installation Guides, Accessories and Product Purchases

go here and then click on M218-ALL. this will download all the maps for the 2005-2006 zx6r 636 for the power commander. then find the map named "M218-011" which is the map for a full yoshi exhaust with stock or aftermarket air filter or the one named "M218-008" which is for the akrapovic slip-on exhaust with stock or aftermarket air filter. try them both and see which one seems to run better. hopefully this works for you. let us know which one you go with and how it works. feel free to ask any other questions you might have. later!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Kawasaki ZX-6 R 218: Powercommander Downloads, Maps, Installation Guides, Accessories and Product Purchases

go here and then click on M218-ALL. this will download all the maps for the 2005-2006 zx6r 636 for the power commander. then find the map named "M218-011" which is the map for a full yoshi exhaust with stock or aftermarket air filter or the one named "M218-008" which is for the akrapovic slip-on exhaust with stock or aftermarket air filter. try them both and see which one seems to run better. hopefully this works for you. let us know which one you go with and how it works. feel free to ask any other questions you might have. later!
Well im definitely not using the Full Yoshi Exhaust because that will be set to run Extremely Rich... ive been told most slip ons a similar in Air flow so i could try the slip on exhaust but would prefer an actual RS-5 Map, cant i have yours? :O :hail:

·
Registered
350 Posts
i dont have a dyno tuned map for the rs-5. so no you cant have my map because it wont do you any good. lol i did exactly what i told you and downloaded the maps and loaded one.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Well im definitely not using the Full Yoshi Exhaust because that will be set to run Extremely Rich... ive been told most slip ons a similar in Air flow so i could try the slip on exhaust but would prefer an actual RS-5 Map, cant i have yours? :O :hail:
i think im gonna try the akrapovic slip on map, because now that you mention it, i think i loaded the yoshi full exhaust map on my bike. that might be why im getting such shitty gas mileage! lol

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i think im gonna try the akrapovic slip on map, because now that you mention it, i think i loaded the yoshi full exhaust map on my bike. that might be why im getting such shitty gas mileage! lol
yeah mate no wonder!
full Yoshi system make your 636 run a lot leaner, thats why the PC map runs so rich, to even it out. i have a PCV so i will be using a PC3 map and converting it somehow...

·
Registered
350 Posts
how do you have a pcv on a 2005 636 when the dynojet website says they work on 2009 and newer bikes? if you have one, wouldnt you just want to do the autotune thing? i dont know much about the pcv and autotune though, so maybe someone can enlighten me a little.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
how do you have a pcv on a 2005 636 when the dynojet website says they work on 2009 and newer bikes? if you have one, wouldnt you just want to do the autotune thing? i dont know much about the pcv and autotune though, so maybe someone can enlighten me a little.
Thats exactly what i said to the dynotune supplier i bought it off and he said that it will work fine but with some of the functions not working. basically just uses PC3 maps and imports them to a PC5 map and is good to go... in theory...

·
Registered
350 Posts
hes got a K&N as well. im sure the power commander allows you to fine tune your bike and optimize it. since im sure the tuning is off from the factory, you could prolly get some power or throttle response from a good tuning. ive got one on my bike and just have a K&N and a slip on, but mine came on the bike too.

·
Registered
738 Posts
hes got a K&N as well. im sure the power commander allows you to fine tune your bike and optimize it. since im sure the tuning is off from the factory, you could prolly get some power or throttle response from a good tuning. ive got one on my bike and just have a K&N and a slip on, but mine came on the bike too.
A slip on and a K&N don't need a PC, but I understand. I'd just spend my money towards other stuff. :/

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Totally agree with you, i only payed 200 for the PCV and its unopened so i can send it back and get a PC3 if i wanted....

·
Registered
350 Posts
Totally agree with you, i only payed 200 for the PCV and its unopened so i can send it back and get a PC3 if i wanted....
send it back and get a pc3. if someone would have told me "yeah it will work but some of the features wont work on it" i would have told him to swallow a knob! thats like buying a tv that only shows half the picture! lol

1 - 20 of 32 Posts