Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
Does anyone know of an alternative to using the oem rear brake light spring. I guess mine took a crap and need a new one. Being in hawaii, so far the sites I have been to want me to pay anywhere from $10-$30 to ship this $2 spring. I find that ridiculous.

Prt #92145-0251

Thanks

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's what I was thinking. Maybe they have a door spring or something. Was hoping maybe there was an alternative...lol

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Did you try calling a local dealer and seeing how much they charge?
The only dealer down here is worse than online. They have shit customer service and they mark up way more than online sites. Most place in hawaii you have to buy online unless you want to be ripped off. They say support local business down here..why?

Any regular spring will work... just cut it to size and bend it to adjust. hell you could even use a rubber band lol.
Lol. I'll just try any spring. That was my original intention. Anyway it's the rear brake light so it's not such a serious hazard.

·
Registered
4,060 Posts
Order it online, and have it shipped to an acquaintance here on the mainland (or have an acquaintance on the mainland just go to a dealer and buy the spring for you), then (since it's such a small part) have them put it in a regular envelope and put a first class postage stamp on it and send it to you in Hawaii. That way you don't pay the elevated shipping charge to have it shipped directly to you from the online retailer.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts