Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my 05 zx6r back in '15, extended lowered and look'n fine. After a year took the extension off and raised her back up. This year I pulled the trigger and started a refresh of the old'gal. Dent in the tank oil all over the left side of the engine not making as much power as she use to, Ordered new orange fairings from Auctmarts they should be coming within the next month, took off the old ones thats when I decided to order new gaskets for the whole engine.Early this week got the engine pulled and now just waiting for gaskets to arrive so i can tear the engine apart clean it and get her ready to go together. While I wait ill just do little things, prep the new radiator, cleaned the exhuast, clean the frame on a nice day, get new clutch ready to install and fit the new hoses on. Let me know if you want to see a part of this teardown and rebuild ill try to get pics of everything in case someone is wanted a visual on how to.

Attachments

·
Registered
968 Posts
Got the engine cleaned before i tear it apart for a deeper clean and inspection, Got email that the new fairings are shipping soon and all gaskets are shipping. Only thing to do now is order filter and battery then ill be on my way.
Looking good! What'd you use yo clean them up?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Well done Cody. I applaud your thorough attention to detail. You clearly have started on the right foot. Please keep up the very good work, and keep the very good pictures coming, too!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Zed, i will. mls i just use engine degreaser and carb cleaner for now. Used CLR for the exhaust might try it on some other parts.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Off to a great start! Not many people are willing to dig in like you have!

Aside from gasket replacement are you planning to do to anything with the engine while you have it out? Valve adjustment, valve seals, new rings and bearings, etc?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have reason to believe that the bike had a valve job less then 7k miles ago before I bought it, I'm going to check valve clearance and visually inspect the rest of the bike but if it looks good I might skip putting new rings, seals or anything else in it this year as my funds are running low again, as I thought 500 in new plastic was all that was going to happen not 4k in parts and misc things lol but I did get the headlights restored since the weather has been rain in Iowa this week, gaskets are all in and now motor teardown is planned for Monday due to it's not suppose to rain

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Clutch wont engage, everything is going together snug no play between plate and friction plates, am i just stupid or is this a bigger issue :

1 - 14 of 14 Posts