Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone with an 05/06 zx636c and a Matris steering damper?

I ask, as I just want to see how your throttle cables are routed around the damper mount - as no matter what way I go, the throttle return action is very poor.. I think the bends required are asking too much of the cables tbh

Had a good google, and sadly not found anything. There might have been a fitting guide on twobros.com at one point, but you just get a 404 when you try and go there now

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
I've never heard of that damper. If I were you, I would try contacting the manufacturer directly and see what they recommend.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea I filled in a form on their website, but not sure Ill hear back.. believe the original fitting instructions are pretty poor on them in the first place too (in Italian to boot)

·
Premium Member
1,742 Posts
I've never heard of that damper. If I were you, I would try contacting the manufacturer directly and see what they recommend.
Apparently they are pricey stabilizers.....

Funny when I bought my bike it had one, I pulled it off immediately since I never liked steering stabilizers...

Note: I did not notice any issues with my throttle cable when it was installed..

Here are some pics...maybe that helps OP :O

Attachments

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Zx6ixxer, pic helps alright. Can see that the clutch is on top of the two throttle cables, and I reckon theres only one way they can be routed to get em like that (the way I thought was too severe). So maybe my cables are just goosed - Ill give em another good lube, and check the throttle return spring, and replace the cables if necessary

·
Premium Member
1,742 Posts
Thanks Zx6ixxer, pic helps alright. Can see that the clutch is on top of the two throttle cables, and I reckon theres only one way they can be routed to get em like that (the way I thought was too severe). So maybe my cables are just goosed - Ill give em another good lube, and check the throttle return spring, and replace the cables if necessary
No problem :bigthumb:

And yeah...I suspect it had nothing to do with the stabilizer....give the cables a good ol' cleaning/lubing

1 - 6 of 6 Posts