Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Title pretty much Simms it up but looking for advice I recently did a tune up fresh plugs new k&n air filter oil whole nine yards willing to accept all sudjestions and advise to get my baby back to her former glory

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
When I first opened up the bike to get the tank off, I was shocked of how the air box sits right on top of the intakes with the FI mounted inside the box.

Check all 4 rubber boots. Can't have a lip folding inwards and not seating properly.
it will either result in your bike screaming at 10,000rpm when starting up or other problems.

Also if it won't rev past and just keeps sucking in more air as you open the throttle, you got a fuel delivery issue.

Does it actually suck in tons of air???

Does the bike backfire?

Does it idle rough or not have a smooth throttle response?

What kind of plugs did you put in? Normal CR9E or any iridum nonsense?

Just what did you consider running normal/fine before the problem started?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bike doesn't backfire the bike still runs a little rich as far as fuel to air mixture but never had any problems with the bike mechanically before

·
Registered
89 Posts
so if you're saying it happened after the tune up i would start with going back over all that was done in the tune up. most likely something happened because of that, its highly unlikely some other problem just decided to pop up at that exact time.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well i went back over the bike and all the stuff i did for the tune up and we will see tomorrow for the test ride

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
After the trial run still cutting out bought seafoam let it sit ran it at idle for bout 10 min trial ride again and it ran perfect

·
Registered
7,565 Posts
I was going to suggest a plugged up fuel filter on the botom of the fuel pump (inside the gas tank) but since it only started after you did the tune up stuff...

You are sure all the wire connections are together and to the correct places?

Lets start over...
it starts like normal and idles normally and sounds normal until you ride it to 75 mph or 8000 rpms...........in any gear?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts