Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever lowered the footpegs on their bikes? I'm thinking a small drop would increase comfort by a lot.

Thanks!

·
Registered
14,611 Posts
Has anyone ever lowered the footpegs on their bikes? I'm thinking a small drop would increase comfort by a lot.

Thanks!
There’s an outfit in Eugene OR, called Knight Designs. They have developed foot pegs that bolt into the OEM carrier with a 1” offset ‘down’ with various tread patterns cut into them.

Simple to install, there’s enough adjustable range so you can use the brake and shifter linkages without needing to buy more stuff.

·
Registered
14,611 Posts
Thanks! I'll check them out.
I have them mounted on my’09, there is no noticeable change in lean angle at street speeds. Footing is slightly wider, as the dropped part of the footing is outboard of the pivot.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have them mounted on my’09, there is no noticeable change in lean angle at street speeds. Footing is slightly wider, as the dropped part of the footing is outboard of the pivot.
After seeing the pics, I'm pretty sure a friend has them on his DRZ400. He likes his as well. Not cheap but pretty well made it looks like.

·
Registered
14,611 Posts
CNC machined from billet, would be my expectation. High quality in tooling and finish. Prompt service, too.

No slop, direct drop in replacement for the OEM peg….. you reuse the spring that holds the peg flat, as well as the pin and circlip used to mount the OEM peg.

The outer tip of the lowered peg has slightly better clearance than the peg feelers on my OEM pegs.

I have yet to touch the feelers on the deck, so I don’t expect to have the lowered peg so so.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
CNC machined from billet, would be my expectation. High quality in tooling and finish. Prompt service, too.

No slop, direct drop in replacement for the OEM peg….. you reuse the spring that holds the peg flat, as well as the pin and circlip used to mount the OEM peg.

The outer tip of the lowered peg has slightly better clearance than the peg feelers on my OEM pegs.

I have yet to touch the feelers on the deck, so I don’t expect to have the lowered peg so so.
Sounds good. You haven't done anything with handlebars, have you? Helibars doesn't make anything but I haven't spent a lot of time looking elsewhere.

·
Registered
14,611 Posts
I've helped Woodcraft develop a kit for my '09, that brings the bars up, back, widens, and changes the bar angle... Quite a range of adjustment, not very much that can work with the fairing.

The hyperlink is to my thread on the process of making it as good as it will get, which is for my use better than OEM. At 60 years old, I'm not going to get into a full racing tuck, and what I have on there now isn't as demanding.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the info. The ergo on this bike would be great on track but for now I've got it set up as a street bike. (But if I ever tire of my Ninja 300 for track days this would be my next choice.) I'm older than you and it's my neck that suffers most.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Maybe some rear set spacers could be flipped upside down and swapped sides to get them lower instead of up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I was actually just noticing that possibility and was wondering if anyone else had tried it. I might dig into it when I get some time. Thanks for posting.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
That won't work on the '05 - no intermediate plate. But it might be possible to fab a plate that moves the pegs down.

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Crankset Vehicle brake Bicycle chain

1 - 18 of 18 Posts