Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I did check the forums before posting this, but it seems we all have a slightly different problem. My 05 zx636 is a track bike, and I recently changed the RR because it wasn't charging the battery. That problem solved for a bit, now the bike wont start with the starter button. I can bump start it and it runs fine, but no dice with the electric start. When I turn the key on, the fuel pump primes but the weird thing is when I press the starter button, the pump primes again, and will continue to as long as you hold the button. I metered the battery before you "its the battery" guys jump in haha! All is good there, but when it comes to any other sort of electrical issues, I'm in the dark. Mechanical stuff, no problem, but electrical is my Achilles heel. Any similar problems/solutions would be appreciated!

·
Registered
10 Posts
!

I may be able to help. I recently had starter issues on my 05 ZX6RR track bike. The starter solenoid relay (right under the left side of the seat) failed on me at Thunderbolt in New Jersey. My issue was that the valve got stuck so that the starter was constantly turning over...even with the kill switch off and key out!:O
When I finally figured out what the problem was...it was doing something similar to what you are talking about. I was getting the fuel pump prime but nothing from the starter. I recommend checking out the fuse and relay. It's a $20 part and very easy to fix. Unfortunately it cost me a track day. :angry:

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Unfortunately it cost me a track day. :angry:
Ah yeah, that sucks! Yeah the relay does some clicking so maybe that's the issue. All fuses are good in the relay but you say the relay itself? I will look into that, thanks

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
i see what you were trying to pull there hitman, coz if im not mistaken that vid was of someone with a crap battery?? Sneaky ;)

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Swapped out the relay and no dice....still clicks once and the pump primes again. Guess I will do more digging

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Bump for help

1 - 10 of 10 Posts