Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So for those who don't know, there is an issue with the tail light and the rear fairing on the 05's. For the last few months it was annoying but manageable.

However, I noticed today that it had gotten worse and decided to take a look and see what was causing the issue. I took off the rear fairing and the two plastic pieces that hold the tail light in literally crumbled into dust the moment I tried taking the tail light off the fairing. What the fuck! :headbang:

Lets just say I am not the happiest of campers right now and want to know if anyone has any brilliant ideas on how I could possible go around fixing this. From what I researched, I have not found anyone had the plastic pieces just break off. I do not want to spend money on a new rear fairing. I have included images below. The Red part of the picture there is suppose to be a loop for the tail light.

·
Registered
4,877 Posts
Just use some solid glue (epoxy or JB Weld or something) and glue washers in place of the plastic that crumbled out - that should allow you to attach the tail light back in mostly properly

·
Registered
4,089 Posts
Just use some solid glue (epoxy or JB Weld or something) and glue washers in place of the plastic that crumbled out - that should allow you to attach the tail light back in mostly properly
That is exactly what I was going to suggest! Get some washers with the holes the same size as the holes in the plastic tabs were, then JB Weld them in place. Use the JB Weld that is more like a putty that you mix together with your fingers (it won't run/drip like the version that comes in squeeze tubes).

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That is exactly what I was going to suggest! Get some washers with the holes the same size as the holes in the plastic tabs were, then JB Weld them in place. Use the JB Weld that is more like a putty that you mix together with your fingers (it won't run/drip like the version that comes in squeeze tubes).
Thanks for your help! Just got done doing it today. Pleased with the result. Had to use the epoxy to hold the tail light up too. Still a little upset but at least she's fixed for now :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts