Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
no matter what you read no one seems to actually know what it changes in the ecu can some enlighten me cheers

·
Registered
1,927 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
I'm going to try this out...I'll write up a good how-to on it when I'm done, alot of the other ones are not too detailed from what I can tell. I'll let you know how it goes.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
so steve after reading that with a after market exhaust whats the point in the mortotcycle-usa write up they say it controlls the flapper valve so with after market pipe no need but in our forum

Cyclonicks
mod changes a couple of things computer-wise
therefore adding an aftermarket exhaust doesn't change the fact that the bike pulls like a mofo over 13000 rpm AND makes it that much more smoother

unless no one really knows

·
Registered
764 Posts
It changes your timing and your fuel curve along with the exhaust flapper. I have a dyno posted if you do a search from when I first got my bike and after the free mod.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It changes your timing and your fuel curve along with the exhaust flapper. I have a dyno posted if you do a search from when I first got my bike and after the free mod.
cheers finally got the answer it does both but prob little effect with power comander as well but will try out later as bike is getting dynoed at present will be back in a week hopefully
also im in new zealand what specs is my bike euro or us

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Probably closer to EU than US.

Once you use it with a Powercommander, it's no longer a free mod :laugh

·
Registered
1 Posts
hey guy, new to forum, but just bought my new 07 zx6r, was wondering if this free mod is for the 07's? the article mentions for 05-06 or did I miss something? LMK thanks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts