Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, so the factory tire size for the front of my 06 636 is 120/65.. Although not a lot of tires come in that size. I was originally looking at Michelin Pilot Road 3's but they don't come in that size for my front. The closest they come to in size is 120/60 and 120/70.. Neither do Dunlop Q3's..

So, for those that went with a different size, did you go 60 or did you go 70 and why? Did you notice a difference? or did you stay the same because you did not mess with the manufacture preferences?

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
I asked this on FaceSpace the other day. They don't make the 65's any more, or if they do they are hard to find.

I went with a 120/70. And Q3's. :)

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
Thanks for the quick response! How does it feel from 65?
The last time I road a 65, it was 2006 and I was a Squid who wouldn't know any better anyways. ha! I don't think they've made that tire for a while.

Both bikes I bought *recently within the last 2-3 years* (I have two , 05 and 06) had 120/70 on the front. Continental (decent commuter tire) and Pilot Powers (decent-good). I've road the Metzeler M3s and the M5s, both sticky and pretty good. But the Q3's I just bought are nuts man. I didn't even use them for more than 30 miles and last Sunday I killed it on Skaggs. Even with wet, gravely, shit conditions... grip is there. And when it was clear and dry, the diff is noticeably better than anything I've ever ridden.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts