Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone had problems with the exhaust valve motor under the riders seat???
my FI light started coming on last week and is now on constantly, i used the connector under the seat and it gave me error code 63 which is the exhaust valve motor, and on inspection it's dead, no sound or movement, is there anyway to bypass this thing as i don't need it and it serves no purpose on a c1h with an aftermarket exhaust !
help

·
Registered
590 Posts
that motor is just like a cars abs light or air bag light, if the light is on, the motor will not function at all, turn the light off and it will. Yosh has a device to make the motor still work tricking the computer to think it is still being used, and if you default the computer to euro spec that should get rid of the code and the motor completely, but the light being on and the motor not working isnt affecting the bike in anyway if you have a aftermarket exhaust.

Its just a pain looking at the light being on all the time, oh and make sure that the exhaust is the only code your getting.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
nice to hear some opinions but it's a uk spec bike , been running a full system for about 18 months and no problems, i think there is a problem with the motor as it used to work fine! i'm losing power cause the ecu thinks the exup valve is constantly closed!

·
Registered
48 Posts
it would only make sense that the motor was bad or that wiring it uses was bad. i would take the motor out and check for power from the wires it hooks up to. then put power to it and see if it works. let us know what u figure out.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hi guys problem all sorted , kawasaki uk gave me a new exhaust valve motor, as the said the old old being dead changes the stock fueling, and best of all it was free even though i was out of my warrenty period, don't you just love green!!!!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts