Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, how're you doing?

I didn't find a thread on the mechanical forum to answer this so I'm starting this one.

So today I was wiring my mirrors' LED blinkers when I realized that the rear left turn signal wasn't working (I have mounted all the turn signals and plate light myself and did my own plate holder, so it was very strange it was failing...).

Turns out, the LED turn signal itself had one of the wires hanging out, I mean, there was only one wire coming out from the LED instead of 2, and the other one was simply disconnected :dowhat I have no idea how it happened but I'm calling the seller on Monday first thing in the morning as they were bought like a month ago!

Then I tried to fix the turn signal, it just needed a little welding and we're good to go. But as I didn't know the right place to weld it (inside the blinker) I thought I would simply try to touch the wire on several spots until I have the blinker working again and then weld the wire there, reasemble the LED and ride the hell out of my baby.

That's where the strange thing happened... I touched with the wire on one of the weld spots on the circuit board and I heard a click and also the tail light blinked. Now I don't have turn signals at all :(

It doesn't even show on the cockpit the turn signals when activated...

Tried to change the relay, as I still have the original (at the moment I have a TST Industries one because of all the LED) and still no good...

Have anyone experienced this or have any clue if I messed up pretty bad? lol

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
wow, how come I didn't think about that??!!! :coocoo

thank you SOOOO MUCH for helping me out, I'll definately check the fuse! :)

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey guys, just wanted to say that the fuse was actually blown. I replaced it and everything is back to normal!

Thank you very much once again, you've helped me out and saved me from going to the shop! lol :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts