Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My buddy and I are ressurecting a piece-mealed 04 ZX6R for a class project. I'm new to sport bikes... I'm a cruiser/dresser guy normally.

The new-to-us main frame hasn't arrived yet. We are trying to find mainstays. We can get an 05-06 set easily, but can't afford an 03-04 set. Does anyone know if these are interchangeable or have the mounting hole center differences to compare?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
shit. I just threw out the box that mine came in a couple days ago when I cleaned up the garage...I think it was motobrackets.com or something like that...I paid like 40 bucks for it from ebay.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm sorry guys,
I should have specified that the mainstays (or what I was always told were mainstays) are the peg/footrest mounting brackets. Would anyone know if the 03-04 are interchangeable with 05-06? Or could someone who has one easily available that could measure between the mounting bolts?

Thanks much! Sorry for the confusion.

·
Registered
11,637 Posts
welcome mate.. class project hey..

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
I have a set that I'll sell ya real cheap. Shoot me a PM with an offer and we'll work it out. I'm going to want to keep the actual foot pegs, but if the bracket part is all you need then they're yours.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts