Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just purchased an 03 ZX6R, took it for a spin around the block and the Fi warning light came on. What is that.

Also I did not get an owners maual with the bike, any idea where I can download one from?

Thanks

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
The FI light is the Fuel Injection light.

You can get owners manuals off eBay, they pop up quite often. You can also get a downloadable version of the service manual from our File Vault. Which is a lot more comprehensive than the owners manual.

Welcome to the Zone by the way!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I'll download the manual. I assume it will have all the codes etc. to diagnose the problem.

·
Registered
91 Posts
glad i found this thread cause it brings up a related question ive had since ive owned my 2004 636 that nobody can ever seem to answer... my mechanical knowledge is slim to none but im not a total idiot... why is there an Fi light if the 6rs prior to 2005 were carbuerated? is my bike fuel injected and im not even aware of it? and if it is, why is there a choke?

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
glad i found this thread cause it brings up a related question ive had since ive owned my 2004 636 that nobody can ever seem to answer... my mechanical knowledge is slim to none but im not a total idiot... why is there an Fi light if the 6rs prior to 2005 were carbuerated? is my bike fuel injected and im not even aware of it? and if it is, why is there a choke?
The 6R's have been fuel injected since 2003.

It isn't a choke, it's a fast start. It simply revs the engine for you.

·
Registered
91 Posts
wow... i cant believe i didnt know this... so theres no way i could have gunked up carbs by leaving the "fast start" on too long?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts