Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,just bought this "636" thats been crashed,I'm in the process of turning it into a streetfighter.Got an FMF slip-on coming as well as a K&N filter.My question is will the fuel injection cope on it's own with the increased air flow or is there something extra I need to do?

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
It will cope, it won't do it any damage. It's advisable to get a PCIII though, if you don't want the bike to be lumpy.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks

Hi Quarks,describe what you mean by lumpy?

·
Registered
3,075 Posts
the pc111 will smooth out the throttle thats what he is meaning by lumpy, most slipons u can get away with not haveing a pc111 but its always good to have 1 bc u can tune for the right amount of A/F for your bike and not 2 of the same bikes have the same amount

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
He = She

and yep, exactly right. The bike will simply run a little shitty during idle and the throttle wont be as smooth. With just a slip on you could get away with it fine but changing the air filter out will probably make your bike hate you. You can get a PCIII then download maps from the website. Or better yet duck into a dyno centre and get it custom tuned. It costs a little more of course but the results are far worth it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts