Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, took just a little cipherin' but now have it fabricated & installed. Works a treat!
So here's what I did:
Removed the passenger seat latch to look at cable mount as a reference.
Disconnected cable & will re-use it, stock key & cable :devious

Took off the stock latch arm, sort of used it as a guide to trace on a piece of aluminum plate, but thunk for a while before cutting, then had to re-thunk & cut another piece.....:coocoo

Below is what the second piece looks like along with an "L" bracket to show what was used for the cable mount.

A small oval piece of aluminumwas attached via rivets, a hole drilled, and a slit cut so as to insert the cable end.

Reference the first pick to see the metal strap used for attaching the cable, Just drilled holes for the mounting bolts & cut a slit for the cable.

Then added a tab to the latch & the bolt so as to attach the return spring. And, viola, we have a front seat latch. :idea:

An here is a vid of the latch in action while turning the key

I did have to shave the latch some more, back to the line that was drawn so it would clear the seat latch hole. :beer2:

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did not use the stock shouldered pivot bolt, would have had to shave down the latch to half the thickness it originally was. I had a standoff from a car valence that was perfect depth. But the original bolt could be used if one chooses to file down or use a thinner pice for the latch. :idea:

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
i had same problem with j2 seat,i used the rear pillion seat lock,and took the lock pin from the seat and fited it to riders seat i tug the cable then vwla open ses me
[/URL][/IMG]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts