Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mine did at the track, and the edges got a lil messed up. I'm thinking of having it touched up, but any ideas what the problem is with these things? If i push it down, u can still lift it without using the key. I think i read on another forum people put zip ties on so they dont blow off completely, but thats kinda half ass.:confused

·
Registered
311 Posts
mine came off twice, first time i thought i didnt snap it closed second time i new there was a problem..

i put 2washer on the 2bolts between the latch and the cowl itself. worked for me.

~ good luck ~

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ill try it out thanks

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
Never had any problem with mine. Zip ties solve everything!

·
Registered
894 Posts
Never had it happen...

I have however had the bike disappear leaving just the cowl Farken bike theiving mother farkers!!! :rant

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Never had it happen...

I have however had the bike disappear leaving just the cowl Farken bike theiving mother farkers!!! :rant
that sucks bro

·
Registered
5 Posts
cowl

i bought a cowl of ebay the bloke said it was an 03 04 b1h
but when i tryed to put it on the front clips dont fit the front clip on the seat face backward on this one they face forward

i asked the bloke what model bike it was of as i thought it migh be for a z1000 but he said he he owned a 03 b1h

which is my bike anyone know y this might not fit

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
The 03/04 Z1000 cowls fit the 03/04 ZX6R's. Mines from a Z1000.

·
Registered
5 Posts
it ok it fit the bits the cowl attachs to at the front were the wrong way around the person who put the alarm must have put them back on wrong

:coocoo

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
well, mines getting touched up this week, hopefully it looks decent and i figure something out.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Never had it happen...

Me too, how queer? And my 05 I just smashed..... the seat cowl is the only part I have left of that one too.:confused Personally the zip tie thing wouldnt work for me as I change mine around quite regularly depending on whether the missus is on the back or not.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts