Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

101 - 120 of 127 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Any interchangeable exhaust cans from other bikes? Little or no mods, if extensive...what were done to get them to fit?

·
Registered
865 Posts
The pinebox is super loud, though I did a 6hr trip all highway speeds and it didn't really bother me. Kinda zone it out. So far no problems with the popo
Now my only probably is shooting fire and staining my swing arm

·
Registered
246 Posts
Here is a Boz Bros exhaust I put on last week. It's a hell of a lot quieter then I expected it to be.

Attachments

·
Registered
17,962 Posts
Here is a Boz Bros exhaust I put on last week. It's a hell of a lot quieter then I expected it to be.
I say it should be quite, It's a damn car muffler.:roll:

Sorry bro. But thats just to BIG:cry::butbut:

·
Registered
17,962 Posts
Anyone used Danmoto? I want something nasty & loud I can hang down low.

Keep the gay comments to your self.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Stock muffler

does any one have the stock muffler sitting around i need one for the federial import inspection (just stock epa 80db stamped) i dont care what it looks like or how bad of shape its in just needs it for 30 min while they check to see if it has the epa compliance lable/stamp i got a nice two tone micron installed (note i dont have bike yet i wont have till early may)

·
Registered
232 Posts
The funny part of this post is I have the same bike (Color,Debadged,ect) and just recently bought this same exhaust for 75 shipped brand new.

It is respectively quiet till you get on it! gets loud when you want it to. :devious

·
Registered
13 Posts
If you want a cheap one that looks cool and sounds great. Danmoto makes some nice ones. I got the carbon fiber gp one. Welds on the pipe were beautiful and it was crazy light. Get the baffle cause without it your at 98db at 10k rpm. I had a hindle before and this sounds better and looks better, just doesn't have the brand name...

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have some NEW FMF Powercore S exhausts for 03-04 636 for sale. 1 Titanium for $200 and 1 Aluminum for $175. Free shipping in the USA.
I also have a Brand New Leo Vince Full Race Titanium Exhaust for an 05-06 636. It includes header pipes, mid pipe and Titanium Muffler. Retail was $1400. I'm asking $1000. Free Shipping in the USA.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I took an FMF Titanium powercore S and removed the sleeve, cut it shorter and replaced it with a carbon Fiber Sleeve with a Red tint. Also has a Q endcap. Looks better now than in the picture because I didn't have the bands on when I took the pic.
I have the Carbon Fiber Sleeve, Core & Endcap to build another Custom shorty FMF Slip-On like the one that was on my bike. If interested, LMK. You can buy the stuff and build it yourself or I can build it for you for $300. As far as I know, there is/ was only one like it because I only made 1.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Had a Carbon Can Co exhaust fitted without baffles when I bought her and she wailed like a banshee at the mid-high end.

Unfortunately during my last long trip the panniers I had on melted into the top of the exhaust. There was a trail of smoke behind me as I was hammering down the M1 motorway and luckily a driver flagged me before it fully caught light.

That's now in my workshop for repairs so I've ordered a Delkevic mini slip on with link mid pipe.

According to their website it won't need any ECU remapping. One question though- would shortening the link pipe have much effect on performance? Ideally I'd like the top of the exhaust close to the footrest hanger bracket so it would mean shortening the pipe by around 1- 1.5". I would imagine there would be a bit of a dB increase and perhaps som back popping...

101 - 120 of 127 Posts