Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

81 - 100 of 127 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
while this is an exhaust topic.

I still have the original exhaust on my '03, but it has to much space in the last mounting.
It is ratteling while i am driving over bumps and such.

Can anyone tell how it is supposed to be mounted?
I already tried to fill the gap with a mounting rubber, but it is already gone.
Should there be a rubber? should it be welded? or should the clamb be more tight to the exhaust to stop it from moving. It has almost has 0.2 of an inch. (5 mm)

·
Registered
2 Posts
This is an awesome thread with a lot of good info.

But does anybody know where I can buy the stock midpipe? The previous owner cut the exhaust right under the right footpeg and I'm looking to put an exhaust can back on it. All the websites I have found simply sell the slip on can, but I don't have anything to slip it onto!

·
Registered
13 Posts
I would like to know as well, torn between pine box maybe and voodoo any opinions? have not heard much about voodoo on here yet, though pinebox sounds good? I want something louder than my micron exhaust it sounds good when getting on it but i want a little more noise, thanks for input and mine would be on a 04 zx6rr.

are there any issues that come with going with a moto gp short pipe(baffled)?

·
Registered
63 Posts
I actualy took a carbon scorpian off my 636 B1H. Fitted the Mivv GP and have never looked back :) The best sound on a 636 i have ever heard.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I actualy took a carbon scorpian off my 636 B1H. Fitted the Mivv GP and have never looked back :) The best sound on a 636 i have ever heard.
:hail: I love your user name, me and my bf joke that I'm a ginga ninja... Since I'm a ginger..... That made my night lol. Just yelped at my bf...." There's a jinga ninja on the site!!," lol

·
Registered
707 Posts
We're did you get your mivv from? Before getting my Leo full yat, I looked everywhere for the mivv and couldn't find one in stock.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Got he Mivv GP on my Zx6R. Sounds the muts nuts :bigsmile:whats even better is that it came with the bike in a bag. The owner slung it in and said, here you can have this, its to loud for me.....First thing i did was stick on the bike :tounge2:

·
Registered
459 Posts
Where did you get the fairings
If you are asking about mine...they are made by GP Composites. They have been crashed in 3 times and have held up great in every crash. They are lightweight, flexible. The lower comes off with 2 allen bolts and the dzus fasteners. The upper has allen 4 bolts and it is off. I can have the upper and lower off in less than a few min.

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
If you are asking about mine...they are made by GP Composites. They have been crashed in 3 times and have held up great in every crash. They are lightweight, flexible. The lower comes off with 2 allen bolts and the dzus fasteners. The upper has allen 4 bolts and it is off. I can have the upper and lower off in less than a few min.
thanks brother.... so in everyones opinion. what's better muzzy full, m4 full, yoshi fulll, or termignoni?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Here in the UK a company Called Pipewerx make all the usual styles and colours. They also trade under Hawk which are a bit cheaper. its all on thier webpage

Pipe Werx (SL & GP3) - Products

This was my old 9R fitted with the carbon version, and they sound mint especially popping and farting on the overrun. I am going to get one for my 6 very soon.

[/URL] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

Oh bye the way many Thanx, top thread very helpful

81 - 100 of 127 Posts