Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner
281 - 291 of 291 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi folks,
All current adapter orders are posted.
I have only a couple left now from my last build. I'm away on a winter trip for two months from New Year, so nothing is going out until March 2013.

If anyone is hankering after doing the mod then decide now or wait until the spring.
I’m interested do you still have any??

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am interested in getting an adaptor, I have a 2005 zx636-C1 in Australia. From what I can tell, the adaptor wouldn't work for a 2014 cluster. Is that still correct? Otherwise I can try and find an older one that is compatible.
I'm a little confused, because at least one listing says the cluster is compatible with models from 2009-2017. But it also does say it's for a ZX600. Would that even work with a 636?

·
Registered
4 Posts
So from my research it looks like the ZX600 used the same cluster (250310240) from 2009 - 2018 but the ZX636 used (250310435) from 2013 - 2018.
I assume the change was because of the added ABS?

So it looks like any ZX600 cluster from after 2007 should work with this kit but the ZX636 clusters from 2013 won't work.

I made a spreadsheet if anybody's interested.
Colorfulness Line Rectangle Font Parallel

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #288 ·
ZX6R from 2013 onward use CANBUS communication to the ECU, even though the connector looks the same as on earlier models.
My adapter isn't compatible with anything except ZX6R gauges from 2007 to 2012.
Suggest you base any research on the pinout of the connector!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Any chance it's different in Aus? Because it's exactly the same part number for the 600's if you order from Kawasaki Australia direct.
Also from what I can tell only the 636's have ABS from 2013.
I'll keep researching to see what I can figure out.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I went through every listing in Europe, England and Australia, and all of the zx600's use the same part number for the cluster from 2009 to 2018.
I checked a couple from USA and they did have slightly different part numbers but I ran out of time to check thoroughly.

My theory is that they just kept on selling the 2012 model 600 along side the 636 just for track racing.

I am so confident that it should work that I've ordered a 2017 zx600 cluster to do some tests with.
I'll report back with what I find.
extr400 is out of stock of the adaptors so it'll give me time to figure it out before I get the parts.

·
Registered
1 Posts
1. Yes 2. Yes (though Oz post is lousy, even with tracking :( 3. Yes adapter is sealed except for mini USB and in/out connectors. PM me with your email address for a paypal invoice of the relevant amount. You should probably buy the bike first tho, and source a new gauge :)
It won't let me pm you but I am interested in purchasing an adapter

281 - 291 of 291 Posts