Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

221 - 240 of 255 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have mine from 2016 and Still love it. I love the newer 2012 cluster too

Does anyone know what revision he is on? any changes from the 2016 (possibly vers 2 model) to the current one?

Thanks

P.S. If you have a ZX6R and are on the fence about this, this was the single most enjoyable mod I did on my bike and really changed how I road and enjoyed it, I am constantly looking at the tach, speedo and GEAR Indicator. . . Beautiful!!!

Thanks TIM!!!

·
Sr. Penis Inspector
13,880 Posts
Lol

·
Registered
1 Posts
Adapters are being shipped again.
They are NOT compatible with the new ZX636 2013 bike clocks as these have a new connector pinout and use CANBUS (same as cars). Use only clocks from 2007 to 2012 bikes.
hey just wondering if there are still available speedo for 2003 zx6rr k1h

·
Registered
2 Posts
hey just wondering if there are still available speedo for 2003 zx6rr k1h
Yeah hit up the OP I just ordered mine from him last week. Great guy super fast response and shipped it out pretty much the same day I sent him the money. Can't wait to get it.

·
Sr. Penis Inspector
13,880 Posts
Yeah hit up the OP I just ordered mine from him last week. Great guy super fast response and shipped it out pretty much the same day I sent him the money. Can't wait to get it.
It’s amazing

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hello ZX6R forum!
I'm extr400 from Kawiforums (and same profile on here now too) :hmmm:
Just wanted to publicise a project that I've had running to use the new style dial gauges (from 2007 bikes onwards) on the 03 to 06 bikes that used the LCD style clocks.

Well the good news is that the project is finished now and thanks to several forum members that have been willing test victims, I now have a plug and play solution to make the upgrade be seamless and easy.

The new style speedo gives you the better looking moving dial tacho and LCD speed readout. Its also much better for track use as its easier to register what a dial gauge is telling you than the LCD tacho graph, on a quick glance.

The trick feature is that the adapter calculates the gear from the difference between the speed and tacho signals and sends an extra digital signal to the new speedo to work the gear readout. This also stops the annoying red FI light from flashing :crazy

The engine signals are all a bit different between model years, so the adapter adjusts them to be correct for the new speedo. Essentially this is doing a speedo healer function, so it was logical to allow some extra variation to take account of custom final drive sprocket sizes. There is a Windows PC interface program that talks over USB to set up the adapter.

Since its a community led project I have kept costs as low as possible. Am currently selling them to forum members for US$50 and $10 post (international signed for delivery) - they are made by me in Scotland.

I'm an electronics engineer by trade, so have tried to make it as good as any commercial product.

Have limited numbers available, but can build more on demand. Please PM me if your interested.
Cheers
extr400
I have an 08 zx6r but that led is sick.. so you are selling the led upgrade for it?

·
Sr. Penis Inspector
13,880 Posts
Ok gotcha.. because I have the same cluster on my 08 but I like the blue back light.. mine is that crappy yellowish orange
That’s a mod that is completely separate from this thread. You can search that anywhere.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #235
The backlight colour is just LED changes. The dial tacho gauges are a bit of a skill to change. You have to de-solder a 50 way-ish connector to the LCD and remove either the tacho needle, or desolder the meter assembly. That gets you into the top side pcb and the plcc-2 led's.
If your pro at soldering its easy enough to do yourself. If not then there's a good chance you will dammage the lcd display in trying to remove it. As laggy311 says, its covered in multiple threads in the forums. I can do this for you if your in the UK, but sending back and forth USA-UK is not a good or cheap plan.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Installed 09-12 speedo on 05 zx6r yesterday. The speedo was a direct fit no need for custom bracket and the piece @extr400 created fits perfectly behind. Went for a ride to test it out and everything works perfectly love that I can see the gear im in. Love the look of it compared to the ugly stock one. I HIGHLY recommend, very easy to use the program to set it up and load the specs for any sprocket setup u have. Thanks @extr400 for your quick responses to my questions and super fast shipping to New York from the UK.
20200609_163644.jpg
20200609_170914.jpg
IMG-20200609-WA0015.jpeg
20200609_174814.jpg
20200609_180354.jpg
IMG-20200609-WA0032.jpeg

·
Registered
12 Posts
Wow love the work that has gone into this. Can you pm please so i can get one ordered ASAP ?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello ZX6R forum!
I'm extr400 from Kawiforums (and same profile on here now too) :hmmm:
Just wanted to publicise a project that I've had running to use the new style dial gauges (from 2007 bikes onwards) on the 03 to 06 bikes that used the LCD style clocks.

Well the good news is that the project is finished now and thanks to several forum members that have been willing test victims, I now have a plug and play solution to make the upgrade be seamless and easy.

The new style speedo gives you the better looking moving dial tacho and LCD speed readout. Its also much better for track use as its easier to register what a dial gauge is telling you than the LCD tacho graph, on a quick glance.

The trick feature is that the adapter calculates the gear from the difference between the speed and tacho signals and sends an extra digital signal to the new speedo to work the gear readout. This also stops the annoying red FI light from flashing :crazy

The engine signals are all a bit different between model years, so the adapter adjusts them to be correct for the new speedo. Essentially this is doing a speedo healer function, so it was logical to allow some extra variation to take account of custom final drive sprocket sizes. There is a Windows PC interface program that talks over USB to set up the adapter.

Since its a community led project I have kept costs as low as possible. Am currently selling them to forum members for US$50 and $10 post (international signed for delivery) - they are made by me in Scotland.

I'm an electronics engineer by trade, so have tried to make it as good as any commercial product.

Have limited numbers available, but can build more on demand. Please PM me if your interested.
Cheers
extr400

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi there
I'm in Australia and have just acquired a 2005 zx636 and came across your post with your wonderful invention. Don't suppose you still manufacture them? If so, how much and postage to Australia?
Many thanks. Hope to hear from you.
Cheers
Paddy

221 - 240 of 255 Posts