Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

201 - 220 of 255 Posts

·
Sr. Penis Inspector
13,880 Posts
Got everything set up. 09-12 cluster on an 06. Amazing little device. Thanks you so so much.

My only issue is that 4th gear shows as 3rd. On the upshift and the down shift. 3rd gear shows as 3rd, also. So I never get to 6th. I've tried regular shifting and with quickshifter. High and low rpm. Figured I'd post here, so that nay issue we figure out can get fixed. Sidenote. I do have a speedo healer currently set. I may zero it out and let this adapter have at it!

Also, potentially have a fuel light coming on to soon, although last fillup could have been a touch short.

TBC!

·
Sr. Penis Inspector
13,880 Posts
Update: all good.

Speedohealer was set to -8.5%. It has a bank a and b. B is still defaulted to zero. Apparently the strain was more than the bike could bear lol

So I’m assuming the software will net same results at -8.5% ... we shall see

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hi all,

Since i am rebuilding a damaged bike, i don't have the bracket that holds the speedo, does anyone know since i am now buying a 2007 onwards speedo, do i buy the 2007 bracket ?? or the 2003-04 bracket ??
If i buy the late bracket, will the mirror ends line up ?

Thanks for any help you can offer.....

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi all,

Since i am rebuilding a damaged bike, i don't have the bracket that holds the speedo, does anyone know since i am now buying a 2007 onwards speedo, do i buy the 2007 bracket ?? or the 2003-04 bracket ??
If i buy the late bracket, will the mirror ends line up ?

Thanks for any help you can offer.....
Personally i'd get the correct bracket for the bike then make something for the new cluster, i've got an 09 cluster on an A1P zx6r - wasn't difficult , if you buy the 07 bracket you've got a lot of other thing to worry about lining up

Attachments

·
Registered
38 Posts
Yeah after thinking about it, i will just leave it, and probably end up making my own one to suit the bike and that cluster once it all arrives as i'm still waiting on fairings, air duct and speedo to turn up from overseas.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Truly plug and play

I finally installed the new tack from a 2009 ZX6R and the interface unit and it was the EASIEST upgrade I have done to my bike. Unhook the OEM harness and tack, replace with the new pc of harness and attach to the new gage and everything worked as advertised....

Thank you for such a well built unit that actually performed as advertised!!!!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #207
Cheers matey. Appreciate the feedback!

Adapters are still available, however im on my winter break until early March 2019. Will follow up enquiries then.

Hey, everyone's allowed some downtime, right?

I finally installed the new tack from a 2009 ZX6R and the interface unit and it was the EASIEST upgrade I have done to my bike. Unhook the OEM harness and tack, replace with the new pc of harness and attach to the new gage and everything worked as advertised....

Thank you for such a well built unit that actually performed as advertised!!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Cheers matey. Appreciate the feedback!

Adapters are still available, however im on my winter break until early March 2019. Will follow up enquiries then.

Hey, everyone's allowed some downtime, right?

Hey bud I’m looking for one of the adapters when are you back?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Let us know when you have more in stock for a 2001 j2 please. I’m ready to purchase ? would like the one with the temp sensor adaptor
My bike is on stock gearing 15/40 if you could also sort out the speedo healer part ? Or would i have to do that on my end ? Thanks

·
Sr. Penis Inspector
13,880 Posts
Let us know when you have more in stock for a 2001 j2 please. I’m ready to purchase ? would like the one with the temp sensor adaptor
My bike is on stock gearing 15/40 if you could also sort out the speedo healer part ? Or would i have to do that on my end ? Thanks
If you can send an email, you can do it yourself

·
Registered
3 Posts
If you can send an email, you can do it yourself
I don’t have the adaptor yet I’m waiting to get one still

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've been told you supply these for the j2 ? so I can fit a 2009 model clock ? if so can j purchase one from you please
many thanks

201 - 220 of 255 Posts