Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently picked up an '02 zx6r as my first bike, it has some scratches and knicks because it was previously owned by a first time rider, but i plan to take care of it and fix all of the little problems with it. I can't post pics at the moment, but if i get some later i will post. The bike came with torn up grips and no sliders and crappy bar ends. I've looked everywhere and cant seem to find a tank pad for these bikes that i like, anyone have any suggestions?? I also want to get a good set of grips, and bar ends and some frame sliders. What would you guys recommend?? The bike is red/black and has a full two brothers exhaust, zero gravity screen, and a jet kit. I also wanted to know where to find a good undertail kit for this bike and integrated turn signals. Thanks in advance.

·
butiwasgoingtotashistatio ntopickupsumpowerconvrtr
2,762 Posts
I like my tank pad...there isn't really that much to em.

They make some nice "ninja" grips i've seen on some people's 07's. Mine are just some generic blue grips, and i like em.

Get some woodcraft sliders is my recomendation.

I dunno about undertail kits for that model...not sure there are them.

My integrated turns mount nicely and do the job. I'd just look around and find what you like. some prefer the led's etc...just decide what you want.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Where did you get your undertail kit from?? Aren't the '01 and '02's the same?? I don't know where to find the tank pads though, and also what brand and where did you get the integrated turn signals from??

·
Registered
571 Posts
Check out Clear Alternatives for the integrated tail light.

I'm also sure there is a way to modify the OE light to make it integrated, but I'm not sure how without looking at it. I know a lot of people use trailer light wiring harnesses (for towing) to make if work.

·
Registered
604 Posts

·
2,762 Posts
^whoa, ur undertail kit looks freakin sweet!

yea, sorry, i misunderstood what you meant about it.

my integrated turns are simply a u-haul hub that you attach your brake light wire, left turn, right turn, and driving light wires to one side (from the harness), and attach a wire for left turn/brake, another for right turn/brake, and one to the driving lights (to the bulbs), and you're done. It's made for hooking a cars lights to a trailer.

·
Registered
604 Posts
you shouldn't need a harness....I put the clear led taillight on mine, with integrated turn signals and just spliced it into the stock harness...did the same with the turn signals in the undertail. Just had to replace the stock blinker relay for the led's....works like a charm....

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So do I just go to s uhaul place and ask them for a trailer hub?? Do you have any pics of how you did this or anything?? Is there a part number to go along with it?? Thanks for the help.

·
2,762 Posts
This is my old one that went out on me when i got bumped by a car. My new one i got from u-haul (b/c i couldnt find one of these anywhere, until i found u-haul) and it has some gold on the front and also has ground wires coming out of both sides. But, as you can see, it's pretty simple, you just have to find the right wires to connect to it.

·
2,762 Posts
if you get it and have trouble knowing which wires to connect, i can get pics of where my wires are coming from/what they look like. Also, know that your turn signals will blink fast when the brakes are also lighting, unless you get a flasher.

·
Registered
604 Posts
all, use a wire test light and you can figure out which wire drives what....

Thanks.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts