Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14,692 Posts
I haven't tried to unpin the harness you are trying to work on. all I can say is that there is a barb on the contact that is crimped onto the wire that latches into the plastic body of the plug, when the contact is inserted. Squeezing that barb flush to the contact, so the barb doesn't stick out to latch the contact in place is how you remove the contact. It typically has to go in slightly (while you are squeezing the barb into the contact), before it will come out. I'm guessing from looking at the empty plug body you have, that the latch/defeat is done with the small rectangular hole below the one the contact goes into.

·
Registered
14,692 Posts
FWIW, it's never a good idea to try and splice a bunch of wires at exactly the same length.... when the thicker splice gets involved, that makes the route the wires have to go longer. By the time you splice a dozen at exactly the same distance, the last one you try and do will cause a lot of flex on the rest as you have to shove them around to get enough slack to do the job.

If they are staggered, so only one or at most two are in parallel, it's a lot less painful.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts