Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! I have been having this issue with my headlight... When I start the bike the single low beam lights up fine. The problem is if I switch from low to high the high beam kicks on no problems but when I try to switch back to low the highs stay on... some times even with the switch on low when I start the bike the highs kick on automatically. VERY STRANGE:O... I have pulled both relays under my windscreen and tested them on a 12 volt power source and they still snap and click back when I thouch to 12volts... anyone with any info or pointers would help.

·
Registered
12,958 Posts
Easy way to check is using a multimeter and testing continuity in your switch wire while cycling it on n off multiple times.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok thank you and ill try when I get home tomorrow. The thing that flips me out is sometimes even on low beem when I start the bike the high come on automatically with out switching low to high.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Yep, I agree, probably a dirty/worn contact mate, can't you take the switch start and check it out??

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes sir meat helmet. When I get back from work im going to check it out.. plus a buddy had my multi meter and I just got it back today :banana

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well tested the switch and it is cutting the power to high and low. Tested the relays and they are clicking from on to off... maybe a bad wire somewhere in the harness??? I will unplug the bulbs from plugs and light test and see what the deal is. Sucks...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts