2019 MotoGP Season (Spoilers Inside) - Page 27 - ZX6R Forum
 243Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #391 of 405 Old 08-07-2019, 06:28 AM
Track Star
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: NOVA
Posts: 471

I Ride: '12 ZX6
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbk1198 View Post
?? I don't see any irony...
You separated Rossi from the 500cc two stroke racers...Rossi has raced 500cc two strokes...

WERA Expert #37
N2 Track Days Control Rider
'12 ZX6 - 3 Marines Racing Endurance Team Bike
'07 ZX6
Sportbike Track Gear
Woodcraft
Andrew Swenson Design
N2 Track Days
It is always those that use their brakes the least that want to upgrade them the most.
Otto Man is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #392 of 405 Old 08-07-2019, 06:29 AM
Track Star
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: NOVA
Posts: 471

I Ride: '12 ZX6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilya View Post
I've been a fan of the Jets
Well there's the under lying issue...LOL
laggy311 likes this.

WERA Expert #37
N2 Track Days Control Rider
'12 ZX6 - 3 Marines Racing Endurance Team Bike
'07 ZX6
Sportbike Track Gear
Woodcraft
Andrew Swenson Design
N2 Track Days
It is always those that use their brakes the least that want to upgrade them the most.
Otto Man is offline  
post #393 of 405 Old 08-07-2019, 03:28 PM
Director of Moderation
 
sbk1198's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Virginia
Posts: 9,017

I Ride: '09 ZX6R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto Man View Post
You separated Rossi from the 500cc two stroke racers...Rossi has raced 500cc two strokes...
Oh lol You know what I meant! lol I know he has, and even won a championship on one, but since most of his career and wins has been in the MotoGP class, I count him as one of the "new" guys. Point is...great talented riders' names will live on for a long time in this sport.

2007 ZZR600 (sold)
2006 CBR600 (sold)
2010 1198 (parted out across North America)
2013 CBR500R (sold)
2009 ZX6R (parted out across North America)
2015 R3 (sold)
2018 Ninja 400 (race bike)
2013 RSV4 (race bike)

April 2016 and April 2017 6OTM winner!
sbk1198 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #394 of 405 Old 08-09-2019, 12:36 PM
Team Green
 
mmattockx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Central Alberta, Canada
Posts: 147
With a 63 point lead, how hard is Marquez going to try to win at the only track he hasn't yet and break Ducati's streak in Austria? I say it's win or bin for him on Sunday. Anyone betting against him to finally do it?


Mark
Ilya likes this.

1998 ZX6R
2005 KTM 450EXC
1982 GS1100E
mmattockx is offline  
post #395 of 405 Old 08-09-2019, 02:27 PM
Director of Moderation
 
sbk1198's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Virginia
Posts: 9,017

I Ride: '09 ZX6R
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmattockx View Post
With a 63 point lead, how hard is Marquez going to try to win at the only track he hasn't yet and break Ducati's streak in Austria? I say it's win or bin for him on Sunday. Anyone betting against him to finally do it?


Mark
I think he's gonna play it smart. I think he'll push as much as he can in qualifying to get a good spot on the grid and then he'll push himself pretty hard in the first few laps of the race, but if the Ducatis show to have great pace again like before early on and they start pulling away, he'll probably back off a bit and not risk binning it to try and catch up, especially if he's running in a good spot like 3rd place or so.

2007 ZZR600 (sold)
2006 CBR600 (sold)
2010 1198 (parted out across North America)
2013 CBR500R (sold)
2009 ZX6R (parted out across North America)
2015 R3 (sold)
2018 Ninja 400 (race bike)
2013 RSV4 (race bike)

April 2016 and April 2017 6OTM winner!
sbk1198 is offline  
post #396 of 405 Old 08-11-2019, 08:01 AM
Director of Moderation
 
sbk1198's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Virginia
Posts: 9,017

I Ride: '09 ZX6R
Outstanding last 3 laps!! Fuckin Dovi did it again even though this time it was he who threw a hail mary pass at the end, and made it stick! Props to him. I've lost count now, but I think it's 4-1 in favor of Dovi when it comes to 1-on-1 battles between he and Marc.

Moto 2 race had a shit load of incidents and crashes. Guys that were barely in 10th/11th place found themselves finishing in the top 5 by the end lol Great job to Binder and with that Marquez extends his lead even further. Last time the Marquez brothers both won a championship was 2014. It'd be cool if they can do it again now.
Ilya likes this.

2007 ZZR600 (sold)
2006 CBR600 (sold)
2010 1198 (parted out across North America)
2013 CBR500R (sold)
2009 ZX6R (parted out across North America)
2015 R3 (sold)
2018 Ninja 400 (race bike)
2013 RSV4 (race bike)

April 2016 and April 2017 6OTM winner!
sbk1198 is offline  
post #397 of 405 Old 08-11-2019, 11:04 AM Thread Starter
Pro Racer
 
Ilya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Albany, NY
Posts: 796

I Ride: 2015 Kawasaki Vulcan S, former '13 ZX6R owner
Garage
Freakin Dovi man! lol. That's the kind of racing I love...I know it means that my guy might not win, but its infinitely more exciting than watching MM win by 5 second margins.

Love Austria, probably my most favorite track on the grid followed by Mugello and COTA. Almost made it there during my honeymoon in 2017 but we decided to go to the Maldives and FL instead of Europe and the Maldives. The atmosphere looks to be incredible in the stands and the track itself is awesome.

Cage: 2011 Infiniti M56x | Bikes: 2015 Vulcan S and 1989 KLR 650 | YouTube Vlog: FstLaneUkraine
For Sale: 2013 ZX-6R Parts
Ilya is offline  
post #398 of 405 Old 08-11-2019, 11:13 AM
Director of Moderation
 
sbk1198's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Virginia
Posts: 9,017

I Ride: '09 ZX6R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilya View Post
Freakin Dovi man! lol. That's the kind of racing I love...I know it means that my guy might not win, but its infinitely more exciting than watching MM win by 5 second margins.

Love Austria, probably my most favorite track on the grid followed by Mugello and COTA. Almost made it there during my honeymoon in 2017 but we decided to go to the Maldives and FL instead of Europe and the Maldives. The atmosphere looks to be incredible in the stands and the track itself is awesome.
Yeah I'd love to go there some day for a race. Probably not gonna happen in the next couple of years though, but maybe sometime after that. My company has a facility that's about 3 and a half hours away from the Red Bull Ring. Would be cool if I can swing a trip there and stay an extra few days if it coincides with MotoGP
Ilya likes this.

2007 ZZR600 (sold)
2006 CBR600 (sold)
2010 1198 (parted out across North America)
2013 CBR500R (sold)
2009 ZX6R (parted out across North America)
2015 R3 (sold)
2018 Ninja 400 (race bike)
2013 RSV4 (race bike)

April 2016 and April 2017 6OTM winner!
sbk1198 is offline  
post #399 of 405 Old 08-12-2019, 07:32 AM Thread Starter
Pro Racer
 
Ilya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Albany, NY
Posts: 796

I Ride: 2015 Kawasaki Vulcan S, former '13 ZX6R owner
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbk1198 View Post
Yeah I'd love to go there some day for a race. Probably not gonna happen in the next couple of years though, but maybe sometime after that. My company has a facility that's about 3 and a half hours away from the Red Bull Ring. Would be cool if I can swing a trip there and stay an extra few days if it coincides with MotoGP
If I was in your shoes, knowing you have a company location not far away, I'd absolutely be trying to talk my boss into letting me see Austria lol.

I was born in Ukraine myself and have considered making a detour next time I go see my family (or rather, going to see family at this time of the year)...it's not a terrible drive (about 1200km/12hrs)

Cage: 2011 Infiniti M56x | Bikes: 2015 Vulcan S and 1989 KLR 650 | YouTube Vlog: FstLaneUkraine
For Sale: 2013 ZX-6R Parts
Ilya is offline  
post #400 of 405 Old 08-12-2019, 08:04 AM
Team Green
 
mmattockx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Central Alberta, Canada
Posts: 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbk1198 View Post
Outstanding last 3 laps!! Fuckin Dovi did it again even though this time it was he who threw a hail mary pass at the end, and made it stick! Props to him.
+1. I can't believe Marquez let Dovi get under him in the last turn or that Dovi didn't take both of them out with that move, but he made it stick.


Quote:
Originally Posted by sbk1198 View Post
Moto 2 race had a shit load of incidents and crashes. Guys that were barely in 10th/11th place found themselves finishing in the top 5 by the end lol Great job to Binder and with that Marquez extends his lead even further.
5 guys left the top positions with crashes, it was crazy. Lots of bowling with bikes, too. Binder rode a great race on what looked to be a pretty uncooperative motorcycle.


Mark

1998 ZX6R
2005 KTM 450EXC
1982 GS1100E
mmattockx is offline  
post #401 of 405 Old 08-12-2019, 10:03 AM
Director of Moderation
 
sbk1198's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Virginia
Posts: 9,017

I Ride: '09 ZX6R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilya View Post
If I was in your shoes, knowing you have a company location not far away, I'd absolutely be trying to talk my boss into letting me see Austria lol.

I was born in Ukraine myself and have considered making a detour next time I go see my family (or rather, going to see family at this time of the year)...it's not a terrible drive (about 1200km/12hrs)
Well the problems are: 1) I've been there already, and 2) I'll actually be going there again next year with some friends on vacation, but it'll be in May :/
Ilya likes this.

2007 ZZR600 (sold)
2006 CBR600 (sold)
2010 1198 (parted out across North America)
2013 CBR500R (sold)
2009 ZX6R (parted out across North America)
2015 R3 (sold)
2018 Ninja 400 (race bike)
2013 RSV4 (race bike)

April 2016 and April 2017 6OTM winner!
sbk1198 is offline  
post #402 of 405 Old 08-12-2019, 10:22 AM
Post Master General
 
jd41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Monterey, California
Posts: 5,586

I Ride: 2014 Kawasaki ZX-6R, 2013 Kawasaki Ninja 300
Garage
Glad this race weekend was not boring. I was hoping Marc would win it at this track for once but Dovi did great at that last corner.

JL99
jd41 is offline  
post #403 of 405 Old 08-13-2019, 03:28 PM
Director of Moderation
 
sbk1198's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Virginia
Posts: 9,017

I Ride: '09 ZX6R
The tally is up to 5 to 1 in favor of Dovi for last corner/last lap battles with Marquez. This last one was the first time where the guy leading before the last turn lost out.

laggy311 likes this.

2007 ZZR600 (sold)
2006 CBR600 (sold)
2010 1198 (parted out across North America)
2013 CBR500R (sold)
2009 ZX6R (parted out across North America)
2015 R3 (sold)
2018 Ninja 400 (race bike)
2013 RSV4 (race bike)

April 2016 and April 2017 6OTM winner!
sbk1198 is offline  
post #404 of 405 Old 08-13-2019, 05:17 PM
Pro Racer
 
russperry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 746

I Ride: '06 ZX6R, '14 Ninja 1000, '08 FJR, '06 GSXR 600, '11 KTM 690 Enduro R, '08 GSXR750
The season story is that MM is finishing 1st or 2nd every race and has six wins to Dovi's two. The big gap in the scoring is that when Dovi doesn't win, he's somewhere further down the standings (several 4th and 5ths) which is why Marquez is so far ahead in the championship. The racing and the championship would be more exciting if Dovi was more consistent but sadly that has not been the case so far this year.

By event:

Marquez 2/1/D/1/1/2/1/2/1/1/2
Dovi 1/3/4/4/2/3/D/4/5/2/1

'06 ZX6R, '08 FJR1300, '06 GSXR 600, '14 Ninja 1000, '11 KTM 690 Enduro, '08 GSXR750

On the Ninja - Galfer rotors, '09 calipers, Brembo RCS M/C, Beet exhaust, Carrozzeria wheels, Ohlins cartridge kit, Ohlins Shock, Ohlins damper, Woodcraft rearsets, Healtech QuickshifterEasy
russperry is offline  
post #405 of 405 Old 08-16-2019, 09:36 AM
Post Master General
 
jd41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Monterey, California
Posts: 5,586

I Ride: 2014 Kawasaki ZX-6R, 2013 Kawasaki Ninja 300
Garage
jd41 is offline  
Reply

  ZX6R Forum > ZX6R Forum > Racing

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2019 MotoAmerica Season (SBK, STK1, SSP, TWINS, JR CUP) jd41 Racing 133 08-20-2019 05:33 PM
2019 WSBK/ WSS/ WSS 300 Season (Spoilers Inside) jd41 Racing 123 08-16-2019 09:32 AM
2018 MotoGP Season (Spoilers Inside) Ilya Racing 1035 11-20-2018 08:41 PM

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome