2019 WSBK/ WSS/ WSS 300 Season (Spoilers Inside) - Page 8 - ZX6R Forum
 22Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #106 of 124 Old 07-12-2019, 04:38 PM
Director of Moderation
 
sbk1198's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Virginia
Posts: 9,017

I Ride: '09 ZX6R
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd41 View Post
Styles does well here. He'll put the BMW on the podium.
Styles??

2007 ZZR600 (sold)
2006 CBR600 (sold)
2010 1198 (parted out across North America)
2013 CBR500R (sold)
2009 ZX6R (parted out across North America)
2015 R3 (sold)
2018 Ninja 400 (race bike)
2013 RSV4 (race bike)

April 2016 and April 2017 6OTM winner!
sbk1198 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #107 of 124 Old 07-12-2019, 07:17 PM Thread Starter
Post Master General
 
jd41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Monterey, California
Posts: 5,586

I Ride: 2014 Kawasaki ZX-6R, 2013 Kawasaki Ninja 300
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbk1198 View Post
Styles??
Autocorrect. I meant Sykes.

JL99
jd41 is offline  
post #108 of 124 Old 07-13-2019, 05:59 PM
Team Green
 
mmattockx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Central Alberta, Canada
Posts: 147
Damn, it's becoming a habit for Bautista to crash in the first 4-5 laps of every race. He'll be lucky to stay in 2nd in the championship if he keeps this up. I think there is now zero chance he manages to beat Rea for the title with the way Rea is riding.


Mark

1998 ZX6R
2005 KTM 450EXC
1982 GS1100E
mmattockx is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #109 of 124 Old 07-13-2019, 06:38 PM
Director of Moderation
 
sbk1198's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Virginia
Posts: 9,017

I Ride: '09 ZX6R
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmattockx View Post
Damn, it's becoming a habit for Bautista to crash in the first 4-5 laps of every race. He'll be lucky to stay in 2nd in the championship if he keeps this up. I think there is now zero chance he manages to beat Rea for the title with the way Rea is riding.


Mark
Yeah it's crazy how things can turn around. Not that I have anything against Rea, but at the start of the season I was hoping Bautista was gonna dominate and run away with the championship. I mean he won like the first 11 races or something crazy like that. You'd think at that point the championship is gonna be his easily. Now he's trailing by 49 points and there are still 2 more races tomorrow.

2007 ZZR600 (sold)
2006 CBR600 (sold)
2010 1198 (parted out across North America)
2013 CBR500R (sold)
2009 ZX6R (parted out across North America)
2015 R3 (sold)
2018 Ninja 400 (race bike)
2013 RSV4 (race bike)

April 2016 and April 2017 6OTM winner!
sbk1198 is offline  
post #110 of 124 Old 07-14-2019, 09:53 AM
Team Green
 
mmattockx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Central Alberta, Canada
Posts: 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbk1198 View Post
Yeah it's crazy how things can turn around. Not that I have anything against Rea, but at the start of the season I was hoping Bautista was gonna dominate and run away with the championship. I mean he won like the first 11 races or something crazy like that. You'd think at that point the championship is gonna be his easily. Now he's trailing by 49 points and there are still 2 more races tomorrow.
It changes fast when you crash out of a race 4 weekends in a row. He really needs to see a few checkered flags regardless of position to get himself straightened out. I have to hand it to Rea, he has hung on and fought like a wild man to get to this position and he is riding fantastically well. Bautista needs another run of 11 wins if he plans to get even because you know JR is going to be second pretty much every time. 49 points is a lot when you only gain 5 points at a time... Rea is showing why he is the 4 time champ this year.


Mark

1998 ZX6R
2005 KTM 450EXC
1982 GS1100E
mmattockx is online now  
post #111 of 124 Old 07-14-2019, 10:57 AM Thread Starter
Post Master General
 
jd41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Monterey, California
Posts: 5,586

I Ride: 2014 Kawasaki ZX-6R, 2013 Kawasaki Ninja 300
Garage
A little like Edwards vs Bayliss

JL99
jd41 is offline  
post #112 of 124 Old 07-14-2019, 03:07 PM
Director of Moderation
 
sbk1198's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Virginia
Posts: 9,017

I Ride: '09 ZX6R
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmattockx View Post
It changes fast when you crash out of a race 4 weekends in a row. He really needs to see a few checkered flags regardless of position to get himself straightened out. I have to hand it to Rea, he has hung on and fought like a wild man to get to this position and he is riding fantastically well. Bautista needs another run of 11 wins if he plans to get even because you know JR is going to be second pretty much every time. 49 points is a lot when you only gain 5 points at a time... Rea is showing why he is the 4 time champ this year.


Mark
81 points now! Fuckin shit! lol Rea is running away with another one. Fuckin Bautista. I got nothing against Rea, I just wanted to see a Ducati take the win again. They're long due for a championship.

Really glad to see Davies win again though! Solid ride! He's had a lot of bad luck this season, so it was nice to see him back where he belongs on the podium.

2007 ZZR600 (sold)
2006 CBR600 (sold)
2010 1198 (parted out across North America)
2013 CBR500R (sold)
2009 ZX6R (parted out across North America)
2015 R3 (sold)
2018 Ninja 400 (race bike)
2013 RSV4 (race bike)

April 2016 and April 2017 6OTM winner!
sbk1198 is offline  
post #113 of 124 Old 07-14-2019, 03:10 PM
Director of Moderation
 
sbk1198's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Virginia
Posts: 9,017

I Ride: '09 ZX6R
@jd41 or anyone else that's been to Laguna...is T1 a full throttle turn? Really hard to tell from watching on TV. I can see that it is for the junior cup bikes (400s), but I can't tell if it's full throttle for 600s or 1000s.

To be clear, I'm not asking how YOU take the turn lol...I'm asking how the pros do it.

2007 ZZR600 (sold)
2006 CBR600 (sold)
2010 1198 (parted out across North America)
2013 CBR500R (sold)
2009 ZX6R (parted out across North America)
2015 R3 (sold)
2018 Ninja 400 (race bike)
2013 RSV4 (race bike)

April 2016 and April 2017 6OTM winner!
sbk1198 is offline  
post #114 of 124 Old 07-14-2019, 05:24 PM
Team Green
 
mmattockx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Central Alberta, Canada
Posts: 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbk1198 View Post
81 points now! Fuckin shit! lol Rea is running away with another one. Fuckin Bautista.
Yep, and a separated shoulder to go with it. I was enjoying watching Bautista and the Ducati make everyone else sweat early in the season but he has completely lost the plot now.


Quote:
Originally Posted by sbk1198 View Post
Really glad to see Davies win again though! Solid ride! He's had a lot of bad luck this season, so it was nice to see him back where he belongs on the podium.
I agree. He's a quality rider and a real pro who doesn't whine like a bitch when things aren't going his way. Hopefully he has come to terms with the V4 and can run up front the rest of the season.


Quote:
Originally Posted by sbk1198 View Post
@jd41 or anyone else that's been to Laguna...is T1 a full throttle turn?
In an interview with Bautista on saturday I think he said it was flat on the superbike. He mentioned that there is a hump in the track near there and on the MotoGP bike you catch air over the hump but the superbike is slower and heavier and doesn't catch air the same.


Quote:
Originally Posted by sbk1198 View Post
To be clear, I'm not asking how YOU take the turn lol...
That's good. I'm sure I would scream like a 4 year old girl and roll right out of it. Those super fast turns are terrifying when you have to get way over at speed.


Mark
sbk1198 likes this.

1998 ZX6R
2005 KTM 450EXC
1982 GS1100E
mmattockx is online now  
post #115 of 124 Old 07-14-2019, 06:24 PM
Director of Moderation
 
sbk1198's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Virginia
Posts: 9,017

I Ride: '09 ZX6R
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmattockx View Post
In an interview with Bautista on saturday I think he said it was flat on the superbike. He mentioned that there is a hump in the track near there and on the MotoGP bike you catch air over the hump but the superbike is slower and heavier and doesn't catch air the same.

That's good. I'm sure I would scream like a 4 year old girl and roll right out of it. Those super fast turns are terrifying when you have to get way over at speed.


Mark
That's awesome. That would be a hoot! Laguna is definitely on my bucket list of tracks to ride!

It's odd that the fast turns is where I shine usually, but I really struggle with the slow tight turns, especially if it's a right hand turn as well. But the fast turns is where I usually make up some time on others. Yes they are scarier, but once you get past that part, personally I feel more stable and more in control. The slow turns is where I always feel like I'm about to tuck the front end and just don't feel as comfortable on the track. Having never been to Laguna, I can already say with confidence that I would struggle with T2, the corkscrew and the last turn, but I'd be ok in the rest, just by seeing the layout of it on TV and in video games lol

2007 ZZR600 (sold)
2006 CBR600 (sold)
2010 1198 (parted out across North America)
2013 CBR500R (sold)
2009 ZX6R (parted out across North America)
2015 R3 (sold)
2018 Ninja 400 (race bike)
2013 RSV4 (race bike)

April 2016 and April 2017 6OTM winner!
sbk1198 is offline  
post #116 of 124 Old 07-14-2019, 07:48 PM
Track Star
 
Backmarker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Out in left field somewhere near Pa.
Posts: 556

I Ride: 11ZX6R race, 19 ZX6R race, Zuma street
..

2018 WERA Senior Superbike Middle Weight Expert National Champion

www.sichertengraving.com - www.Karns-performance.com -

Last edited by Backmarker; 07-14-2019 at 07:56 PM.
Backmarker is offline  
post #117 of 124 Old 07-14-2019, 08:12 PM Thread Starter
Post Master General
 
jd41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Monterey, California
Posts: 5,586

I Ride: 2014 Kawasaki ZX-6R, 2013 Kawasaki Ninja 300
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbk1198 View Post
@jd41 or anyone else that's been to Laguna...is T1 a full throttle turn? Really hard to tell from watching on TV. I can see that it is for the junior cup bikes (400s), but I can't tell if it's full throttle for 600s or 1000s.

To be clear, I'm not asking how YOU take the turn lol...I'm asking how the pros do it.
It is full throttle

---

I was able to take it full throttle at my last td after geometry changes putting more weight on the front. It was too light before and would wobble there.
sbk1198 likes this.

JL99

Last edited by jd41; 07-14-2019 at 08:19 PM.
jd41 is offline  
post #118 of 124 Old 07-14-2019, 08:22 PM Thread Starter
Post Master General
 
jd41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Monterey, California
Posts: 5,586

I Ride: 2014 Kawasaki ZX-6R, 2013 Kawasaki Ninja 300
Garage
What really amazed me is how late and deep they trail brake into most of the corners.

---

I wasn't able to make it but I'm watching race 2 right now on TV

JL99
jd41 is offline  
post #119 of 124 Old 07-14-2019, 08:32 PM Thread Starter
Post Master General
 
jd41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Monterey, California
Posts: 5,586

I Ride: 2014 Kawasaki ZX-6R, 2013 Kawasaki Ninja 300
Garage
Ouch! Bautista down again!!!

JL99
jd41 is offline  
post #120 of 124 Old 07-17-2019, 10:56 PM
Pro Racer
 
russperry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 746

I Ride: '06 ZX6R, '14 Ninja 1000, '08 FJR, '06 GSXR 600, '11 KTM 690 Enduro R, '08 GSXR750
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd41 View Post
What really amazed me is how late and deep they trail brake into most of the corners.

---

I wasn't able to make it but I'm watching race 2 right now on TV
Totally agree - you really see it in turns 2 and 5 when they are leaned over and braking hard. They have amazing trust in their tires and I suppose electronics as well...

'06 ZX6R, '08 FJR1300, '06 GSXR 600, '14 Ninja 1000, '11 KTM 690 Enduro, '08 GSXR750

On the Ninja - Galfer rotors, '09 calipers, Brembo RCS M/C, Beet exhaust, Carrozzeria wheels, Ohlins cartridge kit, Ohlins Shock, Ohlins damper, Woodcraft rearsets, Healtech QuickshifterEasy
russperry is offline  
Reply

  ZX6R Forum > ZX6R Forum > Racing

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2019 MotoAmerica Season (SBK, STK1, SSP, TWINS, JR CUP) jd41 Racing 133 08-20-2019 05:33 PM
2018 MotoGP Season (Spoilers Inside) Ilya Racing 1035 11-20-2018 08:41 PM

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome